Senior volunteer yard work

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Squaker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Senior volunteer yard work

Post by Squaker »

I'm 70 years old and up to this year I have been able to take care of my one-half acre yard, including mowing. Just lately I have been having more trouble with my knees and I have lost partial use of my left hand making it very hard to mow, so I am trying to find a use riding mower that someone could donate to me. Due to several accidents I my physical health has been declining and there is nothing that can be done to change this, so I am looking for help, but if you can help, I totally understand and thank you. God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Senior volunteer yard work

Post by Admin »

Not sure if mowing and yard work is part of a volunteer program, but we do have options. There are volunteer home repairs done, mostly for seniors and the disabled too. Maybe they can do some landscaping or mowing for you...ask.
AnnaMom

Post by AnnaMom »

Hello, this is Michael. I am a senior. I have a job, but I can't get around as well as I used to because of my left hip and lower back. I need yaard work done as my neighbors call me white trash. Can someone please volunteer to help us? I mainly set in a vehicle at an old mine for 36 hours a week and my company hasn't given me more hours in a while. I'm still in the winter slump which costs more and my 1/2 year car insurance is due. Light bill is around $262 or 263 and my insurance payment is around $108.
I barely can pay my winter light bills, but I'm going to have to put priority on my insurance payment starting in March. But the insurance may go bad unless my yard is cleared up. My yard also has a refrigerator on it for my mother in law, but she is paying that. I could sure use some help with this winter slump. Maybe if you could only pay (if I qualify) this month's bill and half of next months. I can stand on my own 2 feet again after that till next winter. I only hope I can do better financially by then.
I have to reapply for my biyearly security guard license in January--$88 plus a $25 late fee with was my job's fault. That there hurt me financially. I'm back up to $295 a week take home and I'm not cut many taxes, but it isn't enough for fall/winter bills--vehicle tag and mobile home tag and a higher light bill.
Since I have to sit in a vehicle and it is cold out, my gasoline bill is $120 a month just for my job. I also need help with my yard. I couldn't get the grass cut last year and the yard is a mess. My wife and I have been labeled "white trash" the way the yard looks. No answering services because of junk calls, so if we don't answer, please text or email again. My physical address is McCalla, Alabama 35111. I physically live in Green Pond, Al. With a McCalla address. I work for Eagle Investigations in Birmingham, Al., but I guard in an abandoned mine in Adder, Al. As a senior citizen I guard a mile in on YOU.S. pipe land that is used for a dumpsite. I'm considering selling my blood plasma to get me out of this slump--if they will take my plasma. Please help if you can.
Erica Jane

Post by Erica Jane »

Hi I am looking for help with a one time yard clean up and a gate repair as a senior. I lost my right leg last year and cannot get back there to take care of it. I'm on Medicaid and temp assistance. Hopefully you can help me out or guide me to someone who can. Thank you very much. Hope to hear from you soon.