File a complain on assistance given from an agency

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Mrs.Johnson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

File a complain on assistance given from an agency

Post by Mrs.Johnson »

Hello ~ I had 3 people from ACAP come to my house August 28. Who is control of this program, I.e., who oversees it re complaints and further information? I do not want to contact anyone in their program.
One of them stood in my house and asked the rep from OFA who can we get to help her, and the rep said she didn't know. They were supposed to send a written report to me and not only have they not done that, but they never contacted me, I had to call them and I left messages and it took them a long time to call back. When they did, they said they couldn't help me. I called the man in Albany who headed up this visit and what I got sounded like double talk.
They said they don't do repairs, only renovations. When I asked about renovations, they said we don't do just a room, we do a whole house.
Well my whole house needs renovating. They mainly came because Hurricane Irene flooded my office and it's been gutted to the 4" insulation since 2011, there is no ceiling. I had to heat it because there's a toilet there I have to use because my upstairs toilet won't flush, I need a new septic tank. Because I had to heat this room I am now past due with National Grid over $4,000, my BUDGET payments are $383 out of $880 income per month.
I have no tub or shower, no stove since 1998, my water heater is very old, my all-electric heat has baseboards that don't work and I can't get the temperature out of the 50s or 60s when it's below zero outside. Windows need replacing, there is exterior rot and rodents get in, my faucets are all plugged, my chimney needs expensive repairs, I have no auxiliary heat. I have no smoke alarms and my thermostats need replacing.
There's more, but it seems to me from what I read at the ACAP page about their mission, that it is preposterous they can't do anything for me. What seems like a third wheel, that guy just took pictures of my house and they were rotten quality, I am disturbed that he took a picture of a pile of clothes in my dining room, and a picture of the inside of my Maytag dryer as well as one of the foil vent that has a small water tub on the kitchen floor. Why!
I was told to move into a home, that the house is beyond repair (it certainly is NOT).
When I last talked to the guy in Albany who confirmed they can't help me, and I pressed him, he finally said he could get me smoke alarms, but they'd be the cheapest the government could buy. I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANOTHER WORD and this was several weeks ago.
I'm disgusted about the time I've wasted since I put this application in to ACAP months ago, I held off looking into other help because it looked promising and it's where I was sent by the county to get help.
sasolis

Re: File a complain on assistance given from an agency

Post by sasolis »

No clue who ACAP is but your list is extensive. I would assume it will cost more to repair all the items needing repair then possibly what the home is worth? How you lived in this home for so long without heat, water, tub, shower, stove is beyond me. The home does in fact sound as if it should be "uninhabitable" and is unsafe for you to continue living in it. If you are unable to get a home loan/2nd mortgage to complete all the repairs it may be to your benefit to sell as is and move to a place with no upkeep and that is energy efficient etc.
Leadingup

Re: File a complain on assistance given from an agency

Post by Leadingup »

Please help me. I so desperately need help with food and utility bills :( I recently had open heart surgery, I'm no longer able to work, I have congestive heart failure due to having a massive heart attack. I was 100% blocked I'm cut from my collar bone to my belly button, I'm supposed to be on a very strict diet, but I can't even get food, but it’s kind of a long story :(
I'm always so alone, and lonely you may call me if you like. I tried to get help from agencies and they don't, and I want to file a report to complain of service. I was brought here to live I'm in Monett Missouri, my roommate lost her job, she was helping me because I can just barely make it to the bathroom by myself, I'm only 51 years old :( I never ever thought in a million years that I would have a massive heart attack, I was always what I thought to be physically fit.
My roommate was fired from her job, a couple of months ago when she complained to boss. Reason because I was having serve heart pain I called her at her job she got the OK to leave from her boss she took me to the doctor in which I ended up in the hospital.. It’s just not fair that she was fired from her job. Her boss knew and knows that I have congestive heart failure, my heart disease results in death, she my roommate has been looking for work every day, but no luck. I promise once I get on my feet I will pay it forward 110 times fold. I have never ever thought that I would ever have to go to bed hungry, and now I do. I would hear stories of people that have to go to bed hungry as no agency will assist them, and it would break my heart.
Now it's happening to me, I have no one else to turn to I have no family :( please may you be able to help me, I live at Monett Missouri 65708. I must go lay down for about 15 minutes because my head is hurting :( :( please can you or someone else that you know of please be able to help me.. Thank-you for taking the time to read this.