Home repairs needed from excessive rain

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
acampbell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Home repairs needed from excessive rain

Post by acampbell »

We have been getting a lot of rain in our area and it does not look like it will be letting up anytime soon. Our front window is leaking into the house which is causing quite a bit of damage from the roof to the gutters and the under pinning of the roof and we are unable to afford to fix it. Please help as we do not know what we are going to do. We have never been in such a terrible situation as we are now. We live in Baltimore, Maryland.
I would be so grateful for assistance. Please feel free to call me or email me.
Thank you for your time,
Heart1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home repairs needed from excessive rain

Post by Heart1 »

My daughter and granddaughter live with me. I am on supplemental social security (disable). My daughter has applied for her disability. The mobile home we live in needs a lot of repair due to rain storms and has only 2 bedrooms. My mother is 87 years old and I will eventually need to care for her. I continually worry about our living situation and money needed. Income fore my household is $733.00 month for 3 people. Moms house is in very bad shape. I have property. If I could get a house built on the property it would benefit 4 people, including a child and a elderly person and 2 disabled persons. This would benefit and change our lives. My home is not weatherproofed nor energy efficient and that is why the rain did so much damage. It would cost less to build one home for the 4 of us than to make needed repairs to both homes. Moms 1974 mobile home would most likely be condemned anyway. And my granddaughter will be 13 her birthday, she needs a bedroom of her own. This mobile home with the rain damage is only a 2 bedroom with 2 adults and a teenager, and my mother will have to have someone to care for her soon and we will have 4 people in a 2 bedroom home. Do you think there might be any kind of help for us or could you make a suggestion to improve our living situation which in return will improve our quality of life.