does anyone really EVER get help ?????????

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
mymom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

does anyone really EVER get help ?????????

Post by mymom »

I posted my need on this board a couple weeks ago. Thought I would check up on it because I haven't heard anything from anyone. As I reviewed the requests on this board I havent seen one posting were anyone actually answered anyones questions. The dates are very old on the majority of requests. The one that really hit me was the one's from people requesting food, and no one advised these people of local soup kitchens, or Salvation Army or shelter's, Angel Food ministries. There are loads of groups that can help with food needs. I really feel bad for all of us in these economic times. Where is all the relief Obama promised in his campaign? Unemployment is above 10% and he is trying to redo health care. Well he might as well find a cure for hunger first!!!!!
helper

Re: does anyone really EVER get help ?????????

Post by helper »

you really can't be serious? I have posted hundreds of replies...HUNDREDS!!!

Have I replied to all requests? No. I am posting HUNDREDS or replies, and info on programs, on my own time. No one pays me, barely anyone says thanks. I am doing this on my own, in an effort to give a little back in tough times.

Go look at almost every post over the last few months made by helper or admin. Those posts are the hundreds of replies.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... ?f=6&t=556

http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... ?f=6&t=554

mymom wrote:I posted my need on this board a couple weeks ago. Thought I would check up on it because I haven't heard anything from anyone. As I reviewed the requests on this board I havent seen one posting were anyone actually answered anyones questions. The dates are very old on the majority of requests. The one that really hit me was the one's from people requesting food, and no one advised these people of local soup kitchens, or Salvation Army or shelter's, Angel Food ministries. There are loads of groups that can help with food needs. I really feel bad for all of us in these economic times. Where is all the relief Obama promised in his campaign? Unemployment is above 10% and he is trying to redo health care. Well he might as well find a cure for hunger first!!!!!
helper

Post by helper »

Also, take a look at the main site. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com
There are hundreds of programs and resources listed there, from free medications, to community action agencies, rent assistance programs, charities, credit card hardship programs and counseling, and much more.

The charities and organizations you mention for food are listed here as well. Your post on does anyone really get help was just so wrong. Here are the charities for food and much more.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ns_th.html
Maf_red
anti spam: Blue

Post by Maf_red »

The only joke is your website. All you do is blab with a lot of useless excessive text that uses recursive and circular links that provides no real direction much less simple viable solutions or clear explanations of exactly what to do and where to go for a solution to a specific situation. It's pedantic, repetitive, and quite useless. Not to mention that a fair amount of your information is out of date.
Streamline it. Provide concise information that is precise, relevant, and easy to navigate with information that has been confirmed. Provide direct links to verified active sites that are specific to a particular situation and need. Don't complicate it with TMI that goes nowhere and does nothing but make it a frustrating experience. And clean up the messy layout, scattered blocks of information text mixed in a haphazard manner with ads, misleading links, side bars, and the same repetitive information presented in a different context across several pages.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I live in Greensboro North Carolina and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has called the intake number listed on the eviction prevention program which connects to the housing coalition but have been advised that they do not help with eviction prevention or any other utility assistance. The website is definitely misleading and it is a joke. And it is a lie none of these government grant funded organizations assist with rent except the Salvation Army that probably only helps 2 people per month which I find very hard to believe and is very curious as to what the grants are being used for due to the fact that today is the 1st if December and they're already out of funds until next month which in my opinion is a crock. But anyhow I am a single mother that works pay taxes and not on any government assistance or child support with 3 children and the youngest enrolled in a home daycare in which I pay $120 a week and rent is $850 a month.
I have resided in my home for 3 1/2 years and I find it mind blowing that I cannot get ANY help from these "grant programs" that are supposed to be here to help when you need it but they're quick to help unemployed people and child support is only enforced if you receive a check from the government! Only because they want that money but other than that it's brushed under the rug and any excuse will do in court! It’s sad that fortunate people and the government donate to these programs who are useless rude and clearly could care less and have attitudes when you ask questions! Furthermore I wanted to e-mail this information so that the website could be updated because it is VERY INACCURATE AND MISLEADING....signing off A HARDWORKING UNDERPAID MOM.