Social security doesn't cover home repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Kornheiser
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Social security doesn't cover home repairs

Post by Kornheiser »

My bishop sent a plumber to fix a toilet backup. A scope revealed that part of our sewer line had collapsed. The line is also at a wrong angle. Our only option is replacing the sewer line from our home to the city's line at their estimated cost from about 14,000 to 20,000 dollars.
Can you please help me. I am on social security and also need to know who could help me with accessing my roof shingles: a door-to-door handyman paid me a visit and stated the shingles needed replacing. His estimated cost over $3,000.
We also have electrical issues, that may be fire hazard, unknown cost. AND lastly, inside plumbing to replace pipes estimated at roughly $7,000. Our home was built in 1949, we did get replacement furnace, doors, and windows from CAP I believe in the past.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Social security doesn't cover home repairs

Post by Admin »

that is great that the church and bishop is helping. There are other volutneer home repair groups to try too. But it sounds like a major deal if that is the issue with sewer line and 20k cost. Maybe a volunteer can help with shingle or other issues? Regardless sounds like a lot going on there.
Kornheiser wrote:My bishop sent a plumber to fix a toilet backup. A scope revealed that part of our sewer line had collapsed. The line is also at a wrong angle. Our only option is replacing the sewer line from our home to the city's line at their estimated cost from about 14,000 to 20,000 dollars.
Can you please help me. I am on social security and also need to know who could help me with accessing my roof shingles: a door-to-door handyman paid me a visit and stated the shingles needed replacing. His estimated cost over $3,000.
We also have electrical issues, that may be fire hazard, unknown cost. AND lastly, inside plumbing to replace pipes estimated at roughly $7,000. Our home was built in 1949, we did get replacement furnace, doors, and windows from CAP I believe in the past.
Bellini

Post by Bellini »

To Whom it May Concern:
My name is Lutricia, and I am a 65 year old African American woman on social security disability looking for home repairs. I am now receiving disability, as I was in an accident in July 2019, and lost my job as a result. I am in need of repairs in my home in Perris, California and am interested to know if there are programs available to help with repairs for windows, roofs, sliding glass doors and exterior painting.
Please provide any information you can regarding programs that can assist me, someone on social security disability, in fixing my property. I am in need of window replacement, leaking in my roof, replacement of a sliding glass door that was broken by the gardener, exterior painting, and garage door replacement.
Thank you so much for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We assume you are also low income since you only live on disability? If so, there are some free home repair programs you can try. Maybe to help make your house more disabled friendly or what not? Look into those, and find free low income home repairs.
Bellini wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:48 am To Whom it May Concern:
My name is Lutricia, and I am a 65 year old African American woman on social security disability looking for home repairs.