Over 100K needed for home repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
GSCI2
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Over 100K needed for home repairs

Post by GSCI2 »

My husband just had a tumor removed from his pituitary gland, then the rain over 4th of July weekend caused a basement wall in our house to collapse. Then his mother died on July 21 and we take care of our 15 year old daughter that is intellectually disabled. Our budget has never included rent or mortgage payment and now we're homeless until we pay one of our cars off there is no extra money for rent.
I took early retirement and my husband works at Wal-Mart in Richmond, Virginia and we just need some help getting on our feet. My father-in-law built the house we were living in and he never had insurance on it. We tried but so much had to be done and we didn't have that kind of money and our well went dry last year. Its 670 ft. deep and it would cost over $100,000.00 to re drill the well. We can buy a mobile home through Radford Companies in Montgomery county Virginia but the payments like rent has not ever been in our budget never thinking we would ever need to rent or buy our home.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Over 100K needed for home repairs

Post by Admin »

Good luck. It is impossible to get 100,000 for a home repair. No program or agency would even come close to that. Maybe you can contact a Virginia community action agency for referrals, but not sure if they can help either. If you feel strongly about it, and have no other options for that water you need, then you may want to consider moving to that mobile home if you think it is the best option for you and your husband.
GSCI2 wrote:My husband just had a tumor removed from his pituitary gland, then the rain over 4th of July weekend caused a basement wall in our house to collapse. Then his mother died on July 21 and we take care of our 15 year old daughter that is intellectually disabled. Our budget has never included rent or mortgage payment and now we're homeless until we pay one of our cars off there is no extra money for rent.
I took early retirement and my husband works at Wal-Mart in Richmond, Virginia and we just need some help getting on our feet. My father-in-law built the house we were living in and he never had insurance on it. We tried but so much had to be done and we didn't have that kind of money and our well went dry last year. Its 670 ft. deep and it would cost over $100,000.00 to re drill the well. We can buy a mobile home through Radford Companies in Montgomery county Virginia but the payments like rent has not ever been in our budget never thinking we would ever need to rent or buy our home.
Singlemom

Re: Over 100K needed for home repairs

Post by Singlemom »

I am an in home daycare provider and am down to 1 part time child. This means $133 every 2 weeks is all I am making. My house is falling down around me, and contractor says I need 100,000. I have broken windows that I have cardboard on and a bathroom floor that needs replaced because the toilet leaks. Paying for anything is hard.