Insurance did not pay for fire damage

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Swifter1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Insurance did not pay for fire damage

Post by Swifter1 »

My mother needs help as her home is falling apart. She had a fire years ago and her insurance would only give her a small amount of money. Now the beams that are holding up the structure are very unstable, she just found mold from roof leaking for a long period.
She is elderly, has had a stroke, she gets 1,000 per month from Medicare and that is all of her income. I can't afford to help her much, she will not move because my father built that house almost 40 years ago. Is there any agency she could qualify for assistant? There are so many stipulations with all the ones I have tried. How can I get her help?
Bryanna Wilson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Insurance did not pay for fire damage

Post by Bryanna Wilson »

Our family lost everything in a fire. The insurance is holding up the claim, so we have been forced to work on rebuilding our lives on our earnings and gifts while our living costs have significantly increased. While we have received help from friends and coworkers, we have had other unexpected losses (vehicle breaking down, requiring repair). Despite both parents working, we are short of funding to cover our rent and utility bills when they are due.
The insurance on the fire claim may take weeks or months, yet, but our need shortfall should be resolved in another 6-8 weeks, if we can get that far.