Refrigerator and appliances

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Brit CMA
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Refrigerator and appliances

Post by Brit CMA »

Hello, I am trying to get some help for my sister who needs help with appliances. My sister has been out of work for sometime, she moved into a vacant house that our father had (the house is not in good shape) but at least she is not in the streets. Now her refrigerator went out, and she needs a refrigerator.
I am trying to get someone to donate a refrigerator and an oven (if possible) for he. If you can help us I would greatly appreciate it, or if you know of an agency that can help would you please contact me. My sister lives in Cleveland, Ohio. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Refrigerator and appliances

Post by Admin »

Maybe the community action agency in Cleveland has ideas for you. As the state may allow HEAP to cover appliances, but ask them about it. Read more.
But if she is not working, then how can she even afford the house? Or to live? So try them for information on assistance as well as appliances?
Drew Drew

Post by Drew Drew »

We are a family of three, all disabled, either physically or mentally. We are in serious need of a refrigerator, water pump, kitchen appliances, and equipment to operate our catchment so we have running water as well as we do not have a running vehicle. Each month we struggle with inadequate healthy food and desperately in need of a power cable so we have power to our house to keep the fridge running.
We are very poor with no family to help us with our terrible trials. We appreciate anything that can be done to help with any of our trials. Thank you kindly.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe one of the places that provide furniture for free can help you. As there are dozens of them....some offer appliances too. But any appliances (firdge, stove, etc.) will more than likely be gently used. You may also need to pay some delivery cost too.
Baby

Post by Baby »

I was reading an article that said you helped with furniture, Refrigerator and appliances for low income families. I am a single mother of three and we just recently moved into our own home (in September) for the first time. I have been looking high and low for a washer and dryer, carpet cleaner, Christmas tree and decorations and have come up empty handed. I have asked plenty of friends, families, and even strangers if they knew of anyone who could help and they all responded “no.” My children attend a school where they are required to wear uniforms and I did the math, they change their clothes close to 120 times in one week.
Break down is 3 children x 3 times a day (getting out of night clothes, then changing school clothes, and then into night clothes), then that is 5 times a day per week, then 2 times for the weekend (no school clothes), and then there is my clothes. That is a rough estimate of 120 times in a week span.
I am not working currently as I am looking for a job, so I am a volunteer for a big well-known bus company until a position becomes available. I do that to keep up with my office skills. I do not receive child support and the only income I have currently is TANF and my son’s SSI. All three of my children have ADHD, Odd, and mood disorders and take medications on a regular basis.
I was trying to see if there is a program that helped with appliances so I can get some Christmas stuff for my children as well if possible. I am trying to the best of my ability, but unfortunately, I hate asking for help from anyone, but not sure what else to do currently for a refrigerator and appliances Again, I am looking for a washer, dryer, carpet cleaner, Christmas tree, Christmas decorations, and a way to get my children presents and they all three have birthdays coming up as well (December 13th, January 20th, and February 10th). Could you please let me know something soon?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You moved into your new home, with 3 kids, but had no plan for those basic appliances? As that does put you in a jam.
The last thing on your mind should be Christmas - get the basics first. Maybe try a free furniture bank in Columbia SC.
Baby wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:33 am I was reading an article that said you helped with furniture, Refrigerator and appliances for low income families. I am a single mother of three and we just recently moved into our own home (in September) for the first time. I have been looking high and low for a washer and dryer, carpet cleaner, Christmas tree and decorations and have come up empty handed. I have asked plenty of friends, families, and even strangers if they knew of anyone who could help and they all responded “no.” My children attend a school where they are required to wear uniforms and I did the math, they change their clothes close to 120 times in one week.
Juddah1

Post by Juddah1 »

Good morning,
I am interested in the grants for appliances. I need assistance in fixing my AC unit too. Lightning struck my house for the second time and this time it took everything inside and burned it out.
The whole A/C unit was burned out. All the other appliances I need too including Dishwasher; Stove; 4 TV's; Xbox one; 4 laptops; Cricut; Security cameras; projector; Printer and so much more.
I cannot afford all of these things again and being a mother of six who struggles monthly I can barely afford the house and my truck. So currently I don't even have Auto Insurance.
Please any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

Hi,
I am reaching out regarding our kitchen appliances. The microwave no longer works and our oven is very old and Refrigerator is about to go. Our stove lets in a lot of cold air to the point that my mother has to place a towel over the fan during the winter. I was wondering if there is a program that provides assistance to help us get new appliances. We are a low-income household in Abington, MA and were eligible for HomeWorks Energy insulation in our attic. Please let me know if there is more information I can provide or if you have any questions. If there is no program available, please let me know your recommendations on who I could speak to next. Thank you.