An affordable attorney for divorce

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Pullo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

An affordable attorney for divorce

Post by Pullo »

To Whom it may concern:
I have know income and I an needing an attorney for my divorce case. I
have a restraining order on my spouse. I need help paying for an
attorney, I have applied for Judicare and was denied because of a
conflict of interest and they received information from another source
prohibiting them from providing services to me. I have filed all my
paperwork. I need advice on what to do next and needing a lawyer.
Please feel free to email me at this address for further information.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: An affordable attorney for divorce

Post by Admin »

We do not think legal aid will pay for a divorce attorney, but heck, you can try. Or maybe the staff can refer you to a more affordable one. The pro-bono legal services may help with that restraining order you have, so you can try that. We also do not have an address for you, but rather phone numbers of firms to try in Louisiana. Read more.
Pullo wrote:To Whom it may concern:
I have know income and I an needing an attorney for my divorce case.
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Husband left (me & my 2 children) & filed for divorce. Application for free legal aid was rejected because husband has used them in the past. I receive SSI (based on his income) who I already notified of the change but haven't gotten any answers yet on how that affects my payment. No other income besides child support whenever divorce is finalized. Would absolutely love if I received any help from anyone regarding legal services (divorce & custody), &/or help with paying rent & utilities.
Tolbert

Post by Tolbert »

Hello,
I need your assistance, Legal Lawyer assistance. I live in Watertown, WI. And I have a Disabled son. I need to go for a divorce. It is mostly of Domestic Abuse that I am escaping from. But I don't want to go that route. Because I deal a lot with several conditions my disabled son has. And that is stressful enough. So if I went the Domestic Abuse route, there is more court dates. And I know I don't have the time and emotional energy for it. Please if you can assist me financially and emotionally through the process of divorcing my spouse, I would very much appreciate it.
Sincerely yours.
Irene

Post by Irene »

Good evening,
I recently became a single parent with two kids after I had to file assault chargers against my ex husband and have a protective order in place. I need a lawyer for the divorce case. I recently graduated from Community College from their licensed Veterinary technician program this past May 2023. I have been working full time as a surgery Veterinary technician and start a higher paying job at a specialty Animal Hospital next week, but I still can't afford a divorce attorney and need a free or affordable one.
. I also work has a dash driver part time. I had to recently pay for my car to have the transmission fixed. My x husband didn't help pay bills as he promised and left us behind in rent, for August, September and now October. The rest of the utilities bills are currently I was able to keep up with them. With my new job starting next week I will be able to keep up with rent moving forward on my own salary. I reached out to a completed other organizations for help with rent to avoid being evicted. Community touch is able to help with payment towards my past due rent. I my monthly rent is $2095 and we are now behind $6285 included October. Any amount is very much appreciated during this tough time or help avoid being evicted with two small children.
I attached a copy of my lease and can email a copy of the protective order against my x if that helps me get a free divorce attorney. My kids and I need urgent rental emergency assistance to get caught up. Then moving forward I will be able to keep up with rent and utilities on my own income.
I appreciate and and all help forwards my rent.
God bless
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is possible, in some cases, that legal aid help people file a divorce for free. If low income, if due to domestic abuse or some major safety issue and other criteria. But it may be an option. Or they do offer affordable advice, and learn about free divorce filing services.