Home insurance was inadequate

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Martin1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Home insurance was inadequate

Post by Martin1 »

Hi,
I had my home catch fire with extensive damage. Bank of America put me with QBE home insurance at a rate of seven hundred dollars a year and this a high premium as the quotes I have gotten are close to the same price. However they cover contents, structure also displacement as well as a place to live while the home is repaired but Bank of America put me with QBE insurance.
And much to my dismay only covers the structure, so I have lost everything. It also doesn't cover any form of cost of utilities or housing for myself, my wife or our four kids. I have been in constant contact with Bank of America however they will not defer any payments until my house is repaired. So I have an apartment, house payment along with all utilities for both places. I am disabled and cannot pay all of this and take care of my family. Red cross, FEMA, FHA cannot help us. I was told by FHA to contact you to see if there are any programs that can help us. Please contact me with any type of assistance that can help us or any agency that may be able to help. Please we are in a very horrible situation.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home insurance was inadequate

Post by Admin »

This does fall more into our general general category, meaning insurance programs, tips on bills, and other aid. But we do recommend you review the policy closely. Do not just rely on what Bank of America says. Maybe talk to an attorney or a neutral, third party. As a home insurance company may in general both back on claims. After all, they are in business to make money. So take another look at the insurance on your home, read the fine print on the structure part of the policy, etc. Use this for more information and suggestions on next steps. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
Martin1 wrote:Hi,
I had my home catch fire with extensive damage. Bank of America put me with QBE home insurance at a rate of seven hundred dollars a year and this a high premium as the quotes I have gotten are close to the same price. However they cover contents, structure also displacement as well as a place to live while the home is repaired but Bank of America put me with QBE insurance.
And much to my dismay only covers the structure, so I have lost everything.
BAMurdoch

Re: Home insurance was inadequate

Post by BAMurdoch »

I need a new roof because the home insurance company said that they will not insure my home without it. I only run $30,000 on my home still at the bank. I'm wondering if you could help me put a new roof on for free where was low-down little cost.
I have no money. I live on SSI. I get $733 a month but my house payment takes up around 500 with the insurance if I if I don't pay the insurance but I didn't have to. My house payment is 400 a month.