Need items as house burned down

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Rippenea
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need items as house burned down

Post by Rippenea »

Good evening, I'm writing because I have a niece who lost everything in a house fire. She is 26 with 2 babies, lives in Lexington KY. She was living in housing and is having trouble getting help. RED CROSS is paying for her a room until Saturday. My question is, is there an agency that she can contact that will help her in that particular area get back on her feet.
Hopkins

Re: Need items as house burned down

Post by Hopkins »

We had a house fire Saturday October 21 in Dallas. We lost everything. Me, my fiancé and my youngest son were living with my mother in law and her husband. Red Cross gave us emergency funds which we all used to get rooms at an efficiency lodge for the week, Sunshine inn.
We don't get our social security disability checks until the third. We are going to be homeless after today as our entire house burned down. I have emailed and called all local churches buts its Thanksgiving and we have gotten no responses as of yet. What do we do?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try one of the Dallas clothing closets or thrift stores. They often give vouchers to people impacted by a fire. They also tend to work with the Red Cross too to coordinate the recovery services. Also, the Salation Army often has a clothing closet, or they may have hotel vouchers as well in the outskirts (less expensive) parts of Dallas County.
Hopkins wrote:We had a house fire Saturday October 21 in Dallas. We lost everything.
DunkinStarbucks

Post by DunkinStarbucks »

Sunday my house caught on fire and almost didn't make it out because I was sleep before it burned down. Thanks to my neighbor she knock a banged to wake me up out if my sleep and I was able to make it out of the burn down house time. Thank god my kids wasn't there but my cat didn't make it.
We lost everything to smoke damage and now staying at the red cross house in Philadelphia PA on 40th and Powelton, and we need everything now. April 10 is the deadline to stay and we are currently looking for some type of housing. It's been extremely exhausting finding housing because Philadelphia seem as though they have no resources for middle class people. I have 4 kids and I'm expecting one on the way I work for USPS in Newark de and I just really need to find a permanent home for me and my kids. Please help me in any way possible with really everything after our house burned down. The apartment that caught in fire was located at Gratz st Philadelphia pa 19140. Everything turned out to be illegal as well as the electric and what caused the fire was one circuit breaker was running the while duplex causing it to overpower and catch on fire. I don't know where or who to turn to so I have been emailing and calling who ever whatever. Thank you.