Problems with a septic tank

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Thompson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Problems with a septic tank

Post by Thompson »

To who it may concern,
Hello,
A couple of months ago my septic backed up. I spent what little money a had saved for my property taxes and called septic service to help. I also got two other opinions. They all said my system has failed and I need to replace the whole thing. This means digging up my front yard and replacing tank, bed etc. I am not working right now and even if I was, could not afford this.
If you could please tell me what agencies help with replacing bad septic systems I would be so grateful. Water is backing up in my home. I was told the pipe under my home will get clogged as well if something is not done soon and this means a lot more problems, work, and money. I have a special needs child and have to have this taken care of as quickly as possible. Thank you so much for your time.
Nermer

Re: Problems with a septic tank

Post by Nermer »

Hello, I need financial help to pay to have my septic tank pumped out; it is full and I am having to use a bucket to do my duties in. I am on a fixed income from the military and my monthly check is budgeted out, and this was an unexpected expense. I cannot afford to take care of this. Can I please receive help from your organization? I am 45 years old and I live out in the middle of nowhere so it's not that feasible to go to the nearest gas station of 8 miles away. Please help me with this...
Minnymouse101

Post by Minnymouse101 »

My husband and I live in Spring Hill, FL, 34608. We live in a house I purchased in 2012. It was built in the mid-80, and the windows are so thin, you can touch them and they will move in and out. I know I need new windows and a septic tank, but cannot afford it. My husband has heart failure, a-fib, has a pacemaker, diabetes, cellulitis, painful gout, and has a pacemaker. He's on 17 different drugs right now.
We have a hard time keeping up with the medical bills, let alone our other monthly bills. We have been trying for two years to get him on disability, and well- you know how THAT goes. I have asthma, and feel a filtering system of some kind for the a/c may help both my husband and I - but again, expensive. Our septic system is now giving us problems, we have to go out every other day to "plunge" the pipe that goes from the house to the septic. We have been putting this repair bill off for about 5 months now, knowing that it will be expensive.
I just spent $195 getting the A/C fixed, which previously this year had a drainage issue in the attic, causing damage to the ceiling that had to be fixed. We are both retired (not because we wanted to, mind you). I REALLY hate asking for help. If we could get assistance on the windows, that would lower our electric bill at least. Hoping you can help. Our electric company is Withlacoochee River Electric - I understand there may be grant help there? I am 58 and my husband is 65.
Thanks so much for your consideration,
Hellen

Post by Hellen »

I am just about ready to give up trying to find assistance in this matter of a septic tank and system. The previous owner of the house I am purchasing did not disclose the deplorable condition of her septic system and tank and neither did the Realtor before the sale of the home. Now, it is beyond repairs and has to be completely replaced.
The estimates I have received is from $4,000 to over $5,000. I am currently undergoing debt repair and so my credit score is below what the bank requires in securing a loan to have the septic replaced. I cannot even get assistance/grant from my church. The Suwanee Economic Council has me on a waiting list for this issue to fix the septic tank problems, but their funding is not due until the beginning of the new fiscal year (October). At this point, even the drain field is sinking and I am afraid of harm coming to the house or pipes. The septic is way to close to the addition that was put on years before. The previous owner stopped all yard care before selling and with the grass above knee level, nothing of the septic could be seen. Even if there is nothing you can do, perhaps you know of an organization that can give assistance/grant. In any event, thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are loans, grants and places that help with home repairs, which can include a septic tank. But generally it will be a loan cost loan, such as from USDA, HUD, or some other agency. Look here for places for free plumbing repair grants.