Elder that has dementia

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Linden
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Elder that has dementia

Post by Linden »

I'm requesting help for my elderly mother in law who is 79 years old and has dementia. As of right now she has no gas or hot water in her house. Due to not having pay the bill. There has not been any gas in her home for about three months, due to no income and getting behind on paying the bills. I'm asking you, is there any way that you can be able to help pay for gas? Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Elder that has dementia

Post by Admin »

Try the agency on aging center in Tennessee. They may be able to enroll your elderly mom into some form of government backed heating or energy bill programs. Also, if she is 79, why does she not have any income? What about her social security benefits? The agency on aging center can look into that discrepancy for you too. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... aging.html
Pertyio

Post by Pertyio »

I am scheduled for an eviction on August 20, 2017 and my apartment property management said that they haven't received a payment of rent back in June of 2017 and I know I made a payment but can't locate the receipt. I also have power of attorney of my grandmother who will be 97 years old on the 26th of this month who also has dementia. We can not afford to be put out. Please help. And thank you.
LorenDer

Post by LorenDer »

Hi, I have been caring for my 93 year old invalid mother who has dementia in her home at no charge for 15 years. I had insurance from a house fire that I have gone through. There is none left. I have been transporting her to and from doctor appointment and basic household errands in my car, which is almost 20 years old. It has been on its last leg for some time but finally it is broke completely. If there is any financial help available to help me in the state of Indiana, I would appreciate your input.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that grandmother has dementia. While we can't advise you on insurance, and disability friendly vehicles are hard to come by, you may have some options when it comes to Indiana Agency on Aging offices. There are several programs they offer for the disabled, seniors with dementia, and others as well.
LorenDer wrote:Hi, I have been caring for my 93 year old invalid mother who has dementia in her home at no charge for 15 years. I had insurance from a house fire that I have gone through. There is none left. I have been transporting her to and from doctor appointment and basic household errands in my car, which is almost 20 years old. It has been on its last leg for some time but finally it is broke completely. If there is any financial help available to help me in the state of Indiana, I would appreciate your input.
Thank you,