Code violations on our apartment require us to move

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
SteveKerr
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Code violations on our apartment require us to move

Post by SteveKerr »

My family and I are being displaced from where we currently live due to the Fire Inspector with the City of Gaithersburg informing us that the building we currently live in has an inoperable fire alarm system with non-compliant smoke detection alarms, lack of fire extinguishers. Also the third floor unit in which we currently live is directly above two restaurant which increase the chances of a fire. Lastly, the fire Marshall and Fire inspector informed us that there is to be no residential occupancy on the third floor of this building in Gaithersburg MD 20878, even when the fire alarm system is bought up to compliant code. Please help we have no where to go and no relatives we can live with. I have 5 young children and an unemployed husband.
Soledad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Code violations on our apartment require us to move

Post by Soledad »

Hello, I found this website because I was seeking resources on help with rent and housing due to code violations in my current home. My name is yassah and I’m 22 years old. I currently live on my own in downtown St louis. I recently fell behind on paying my rent because I was in between jobs so I can get my finances in order. I am currently facing eviction and I wont have a place to go.... I don’t want to end up at a shelter. Right when I was setting up a payment plan with my landlord, my cars engine had died out and now I’m forced to come out of pocket for that which will take me months to come up with the funds and at the same time I don’t want to lose my home. I had called a lot of places but no luck with help, so therefore I’m reaching out for help, even though the apartment has code violations.   I hope I hear from someone very soon. Thanks