Mold problem. Any repair programs?

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
MTRE2
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Mold problem. Any repair programs?

Post by MTRE2 »

I have a problem with mold in my house. I was wondering if there was a program to assist me with repairs from water damage. Please email me with any info you might have.
Troyyer
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mold problem. Any repair programs?

Post by Troyyer »

Hi, My family and I just went threw that big flood here in Barberton Ohio. We lost every thing in our basement. We also had our foundation split and it was like a waterfall coming threw the foundation.

I contacted our landlord to inform him that the basement had flooded and that the foundation had separated his response to me was it wasn't his problem so I called the health department. My husband works full time and I'm a stay at home mom with 4 sons. Our youngest son has asthma also uses a nebulizer since he was 4. He is now 10. Now our youngest son is on medication for mental health since she was 5. She is 8 now. We have paid so much money to clean up the aftermath of the flood and the mold that we have not even had the landlord over to offer to help supply the cleaning supplies so we can get the mold and mildew out of our home. Now we're falling behind on our bills. Our gas has been shut off and we are unable to keep up with every thing. We are worried on what else is going to happen. I have called different places to get help with a few things and all they are doing is directing me no where. Would you please help us. Thank you for your time
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mold problem. Any repair programs?

Post by Admin »

Home repair programs are rare. Especially in trying to deal with mold from a flood, which is very difficult to get rid of. What did you home insurer say? Your policy must have had some guidelines or suggestions. It looks like Barberton is in Summit County, so our only thought is to try the community action agency for support. They may have low interest loans for repairs, and read more Summit County community action agency programs.