DHS in Michigan won't help with car repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Sterling S
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

DHS in Michigan won't help with car repairs

Post by Sterling S »

I have front passenger and driver side wheel bearings and rear shocks that need to be fixed. I am a single mother and have been for 4 years. I have contacted Michigan DHS and FIA but was told they do not have the funds to fix my car at this time. My son starts school full time this year, Headstart and this is our only mode of transportation. I would like to start school again once my vehicle is fixed. I have also been without car insurance since April 2013. And would like help with this also if possible. I need my vehicle for my sons doctors appointments but it is unsafe. I would appreciate any help.
dentist

Re: DHS in Michigan won't help with car repairs

Post by dentist »

My name is Charlene Boncal. I am on disability and I am also a single mother and I really on DHS in Michigan. Recently I was told that the transfer case went on my car. In turn I borrowed 2000.00 dollars from my father to repair it, but DHS is hard to work with. Now the auto shop is telling me my transmission is also bad. I have had my car since it was new. I have rebuilt the front end and done all repairs on it in a timely manner. I cannot afford to purchase another car and what I can afford would be something with higher mileage than I have on my car and who knows if I am buying into someone else’s problem. I need help with repairs on my vehicle. Since I live in Michigan there is no bus routes for me to take a city bus to my doctors, to pick my 8-year-old son up from school, or to get food for my home. I truly need assistance from DHS. Please if you could give me advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: DHS in Michigan won't help with car repairs

Post by Admin »

Here is information on the Detroit DHS public assistance. We doubt it can pay for car repairs, but call them and ask.
dentist wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:15 am My name is Charlene Boncal. I am on disability and I am also a single mother and I really on DHS in Michigan. R