School items in Massachusetts

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Michelson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

School items in Massachusetts

Post by Michelson »

Hello. First I want to say how nice it is that you offer this type of referral service for people in need. God Bless you. The reason I was browsing your website is because I have a daughter who just turned 10 and a son at 5. She is starting the 8th grade this year (in the Spring) and I have no money for school clothes/supplies for her.

My daughter has been through a lot recently which has affected her mentally, and actually physically as well. Her father did something horrible and was actually put in prison for it for some time. Her self esteem etc. has taken a huge hit and she is very depressed. She has gained A LOT of weight since all of this happened and I think she is gaining pleasure from food. I have tried putting her in therapy but she wont open up to the therapist and he said he cannot help her if she will not talk (this was after a long attempt). We had even tried putting her on medication for depression and that did not help either. On top of dealing with all of this she is now heading back to school in a couple of weeks and I have been trying desperately to get up some extra money to get her some new things but so far no luck. I live in Brockton MA but I know this being a huge city that most programs are probably used up. I do not mind going to surrounding locations if that is allowed, I am unsure if one must live within the town the assistance is offered. Do you have any ideas of where I could go to get some help for her? I’m praying you have some ideas, I’m not sure where else to turn or what to do.

Thank you and God Bless
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: School items in Massachusetts

Post by Admin »

There are dozens of Salvation Army assistance programs and local centers in Massachusetts. Many, if not most of them, will have back to school supply drives. We recommend starting with them first for backpacks, shoes, pens, pencils, and other goods. Find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rmy_f.html
Michelson wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:08 am Hello. First I want to say how nice it is that you offer this type of referral service for people in need. God Bless you. The reason I was browsing your website is because I have a daughter who just turned 10 and a son at 5. She is starting the 8th grade this year (in the Spring) and I have no money for school clothes/supplies for her.

My daughter has been through a lot recently which has affected her mentally, and actually physically as well. Her father did something horrible and was actually put in prison for it for some time. Her self esteem etc. has taken a huge hit and she is very depressed. She has gained A LOT of weight since all of this happened and I think she is gaining pleasure from food. I have tried putting her in therapy but she wont open up to the therapist and he said he cannot help her if she will not talk (this was after a long attempt). We had even tried putting her on medication for depression and that did not help either. On top of dealing with all of this she is now heading back to school in a couple of weeks and I have been trying desperately to get up some extra money to get her some new things but so far no luck. I live in Brockton MA but I know this being a huge city that most programs are probably used up. I do not mind going to surrounding locations if that is allowed, I am unsure if one must live within the town the assistance is offered. Do you have any ideas of where I could go to get some help for her? I’m praying you have some ideas, I’m not sure where else to turn or what to do.

Thank you and God Bless