Need clothes and food in Texas

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
CarlK
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need clothes and food in Texas

Post by CarlK »

Hello, I am raising my grandchildren in Houston Texas ages 2 and 3 and 3/4. I am on SSD and have been managing for the last few years but right now I am at a loss as to what to do. I cant afford to get them clothes and shoes, I get food stamps but I cant seem to make it last. Our main a/c and heating unit quit working and I over spent trying to fix it, and so we have 2 window units but it gets so hot in here sometimes we sip and play in the car just to cool off. I don’t even know what help to ask for because I’ve need everything, including just even clothes.
I hate to ask when I know there must be someone out there worse off but I am at a loss for what to do. The kids do have stay well and are healthy, I do get a small amount of money from the state for the kids but I just don’t know what to do anymore or where to ask for help. Please if you could just point me in the right direction I would be grateful.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need clothes and food in Texas

Post by Admin »

Try a clothing closet in Houston. They can often help young kids, like you have, under the age of 5 or so. Maybe they can also give you a new window AC for cooling your home, or direct you to a local pantry. In fact, many clothing closets in Texas also have food banks on location with them. So try the Houston and Harris County clothing closets for resources to keep your children healthy.
Berman

Post by Berman »

Hello, my name is Veronica.
I reside at Dallas, Tx 75227 and I need food and clothes.
I was trying to reach your food pantry in my area however the lady who answered says this is her new number
Pleasant Grove Food Pantry
Zip codes 75217, 75227, 75253
Stop by 1655 AND. Jim Miller Rd. or call the phone number below.
Dallas, Texas 75217
(214)793-6317
I got this from your website and I have trying the pleasant grove Salvation Army number 214-398-6619 on Elam however there is no answer. I have a vehicle but it’s an old truck, no gas, expired tags. I have been unemployed since November and don’t want to lose my house. My lights will be cut off soon, I have no one to turn too and If you could please point me in any direction that may be of any help for food or clothes. Even if it’s just for food I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any and all of your help. God bless you all.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a list of free clothing banks in Dallas.
some will have food too. We hope they can help you Veronica.
Berman wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:27 am Hello, my name is Veronica.
I reside at Dallas, Tx 75227 and I need food and clothes.