Home repairs for senior parents

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Newport
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Home repairs for senior parents

Post by Newport »

Hello;
My senior parents live in Lumberton, NC. They both are living in a home that need flooring repairs, window repairs and plumbing repairs. They have very limited income and are in a mortgage loan payment. Their expenses each month does not allow for additional monies for repairs. I am the son and I live near them. Can you please direct me or assist me in helping my parents? Thank you.
Newegg

Re: Home repairs for senior parents

Post by Newegg »

This request is for my mother, she lost my step dad about 2 years ago and knowing what to do and keeping up maintenance on their mobile home seems to get more difficult every year. Her furnace stopped working at the end of winter last year, her cooking stove which is electric and probably 20-25 years old only has 1 burner and the oven left working. She also has a leaking toilet tank, and until recently repaired by a volunteer had a broken gate which keeps her pets and 3 year old great grand daughter she's raising from going off the porch. This is a very independent proud woman who at 62 now has worked literally since age 8. I feel like it's okay to ask for help for her she deserves it. I'm on a fixed income and other and cannot offer her any monetary help. Please answer and for any programs available.
P Palmer
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home repairs for senior parents

Post by P Palmer »

I recently came to live with my dad just to find that his house is in so bad a shape that I cant see how he lives here. His roof leaks so bad that he puts pans down to catch the water, his furnace is so old that it runs all the time. He draws $746.00 a month until this month they cut his check back to $646.00 and say he has to pay his own Medicare.

My dad is 75 years old in a wheel chair and I just got out a prison in December of this year. He never told me about this because he didn’t want me to worried. I’m not proud of being locked up and I'm trying to go to work but I'm 32 years old myself and finding a job is hard but I still try to get one and I will. I have tried to find help but haven’t seems like no one cares for the older people any more. If there is anyone out there that can help my dad please do I'm begging for help before the winter gets so bad that something happens. Please help my dad.