Legal aid for divorce filing

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Bob_Pisana
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Legal aid for divorce filing

Post by Bob_Pisana »

I am a resident of Plant City Florida returning there from the Philippines with my 5 year old “daughter” from the Philippines. I am 55 years of age and on S.S.permanent physical disability and have been for over 10 years. Her adoptive "mother “and my “wife” abandoned us 3 years ago after selling everything we owned (including home) and absconding to the U.S. We have been trying to recuperate since and recently I was granted a visa for my Daughter to come home to Plant City.
Our airfare will cost us over $3,000 and when back I will pursue divorce from my estranged “wife". Are there any programs that may help me with court filing fees and temporary assistance? I have a friend that is gracious to offer us to stay with him till we get back on our feet.
Thank You Sincerely
Lodging

Re: Legal aid for divorce filing

Post by Lodging »

I am a single mother of one daughter who is 14. I was in an abusive relationship with the child's father and left him when my daughter was 5 months old. He lives in Iowa and I live in Ohio and have for the last 10 years. I need to get divorced but I am disabled and receive social security and it’s barely enough to live month to moth yet alone pay for a divorce. I have checked with Legal aid of Western Ohio and they say they aren't doing any divorces where there are children involved. I really need help PLEASE.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legal aid for divorce filing

Post by Admin »

That is right. Usually Legal Aid (in Ohio and other states) will not handle divorce filings. They much rather use their limited time and funding to help with safety issues, health, homelessness, and more. But we do have some tips for free legal assistance or just advice in Ohio as well, ans read more. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html