Problems paying bills as laid off

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
darkangel10381
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Problems paying bills as laid off

Post by darkangel10381 »

Hello My family and I are having a lot of problems with paying our bills because my husband was laid off and he has been trying to find work and either he is over qualfied or under quilfied. be has been applying at everything that he can. We are seriously behind on our rent we have paid something because we borrowed some money from family but we can't asked them for help again because they don't have it anymore. so I'm writing you hoping for some help. Every little bit helps. If you would like any more information please let me know. thank you Maria
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Problems paying bills as laid off

Post by Admin »

Hi,
what state/county live in? I can them give some info on programs in the area.
dwalker

Post by dwalker »

I was laid off my job in January, I was able to pay February bills but I do not start my new job until March 1st. I need some assistance in paying marches 1st of month bills. I Live in Colorado.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is info on utility and heating bill programs.
http://liheap.ncat.org/profiles/Colorado.htm

Here is a listing of various other programs in Colorado.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

What other types of bills do you need help with paying?
Jones

Post by Jones »

I need some assistance in help with paying my student loans debt. I Live in Kentucky.
mickmcguire72

Laid off and falling behind on bills and rent

Post by mickmcguire72 »

Ohio
Hello, my name is sherry. My husband has been laid off for over a year now. We have been recieving unemployment and assistance with food. I have a gas bill that is 900 dollars and can find no way of paying it. I have trid my hardest to keep up with the bills but it seems like there is never enough in the month to keep up with all the bills. My question is, is there a program out there that will do a one time payment of the outstanding balance right now or do I have to wait for the winter season? More than likely the gas will be turned off soon, and i dont have a way to pay for this bill. Do you have any places that i can apply to right now for this assistance? Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laid off and falling behind on bills and rent

Post by Admin »

What city or town in Ohio? There are numerous energy and utility assistance programs in the state, both run by Ohio and the federal government. They include the Ohio Fuel Fund Grant Program, Operation Round Up, and the Ohio Energy Credit (OEC) Program among others. Call the agencies that run these and that offer aid.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

mickmcguire72 wrote:Ohio
Hello, my name is sherry. My husband has been laid off for over a year now. We have been recieving unemployment and assistance with food. I have a gas bill that is 900 dollars and can find no way of paying it. I have trid my hardest to keep up with the bills but it seems like there is never enough in the month to keep up with all the bills. My question is, is there a program out there that will do a one time payment of the outstanding balance right now or do I have to wait for the winter season? More than likely the gas will be turned off soon, and i dont have a way to pay for this bill. Do you have any places that i can apply to right now for this assistance? Thank you for your time.
Marjory

Post by Marjory »

I live on a small monthly Social Security disability check. I also reside with my girlfriend, who works part-time at Price Chopper in Rochester, and has recently lost hours at work. To say we are struggling is an understatement! We currently have no food at all, or any Thanksgiving items. My small check paid the entire rent this month, and I am behind on my phone and electric bill as well. I use medical equipment that requires electricity on a nightly basis, it is a C-pap machine that helps me breath when I sleep. My girlfriends very small weekly paycheck pays her car payment and gas and not much else. When she was employed full-time she helped pay half the bills. Now we are in bad shape. We have no heat at all, and I am praying my HEAP comes soon so we can get some oil. I do receive $197.00 per month in food-stamps, but trust me when I say that does not go very far. I am also a diabetic, and suffer from a seizure disorder. The constant stress of not having food or being able to pay my bills is taking its toll on me. I am not seeking pity or a handout, just hoping perhaps you could direct me to some agencies who might be able to help me with paying my rent and obtaining food. I also noticed something on your site about a CARS program? Could you send me information on how that works? Anything you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you for your time and hopeful assistance.
HopeYouKnow

Post by HopeYouKnow »

I was laid off at a medical office in January 2017. Just started a job at Walmart making much less. I am 4 months behind on rent my rent is $600.00 per month. I was told by office Manager they are filing eviction. I have nowhere to go.
I don't make enough and with an eviction on my credit no apartment will accept me. My current apartment is 1 bedroom and water included. I only pay FPL electric.
Please help I am facing eviction in next few days and my work at Walmart is one block from my apartment. Please any help or assistance greatly appreciated. If I pay all past rent and get current I can stay they will not let me sign new lease which is up now until all back rent paid in full. Thank you for your prompt attention regarding my situation.
Frapp

Post by Frapp »

I have 5 children ages are 16, 15, 14, 5, 2. My 14 year old daughter was shot in the head October 11, 2016. She survived but it’s been really hard for me to pay the bills because I have to take care of her instead of working.
I was working at UPS then they lauded me off so Now I don't know what to do. Can someone Please help me and my family.
I'm a 38 year old single mom and we're in need of safe Housing and a car so that I can get my 14 year old daughter back and FORTH to the doctor. Thank you...