Disabled needs transportation to appointments

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Lebron
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled needs transportation to appointments

Post by Lebron »

Hi,
I'm writing to find if there's any help available for my sister who lives in St. Petersburg, FL. She is on disability and has several health conditions, including a pacemaker, copd, etc. I was wondering if there are any services available to transport her to and from appointments, pharmacy, etc. She is paying 8.00 one way for care ride at this time. She is in no position to be able to afford this. She is 58 years old and on a fixed income. I live in Minnesota and cannot be there to help her.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled needs transportation to appointments

Post by Admin »

While there are some free transportation programs for the disabled (such as these) http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... abled.html
Most of them do request a small fee. But $8 for one way does seem high. Does she have neighbors to ask for a ride every now on then? Or se can try the Agency on Aging Center as well in St. Petersburg.

Lebron wrote:Hi,
I'm writing to find if there's any help available for my sister who lives in St. Petersburg, FL. She is on disability and has several health conditions, including a pacemaker, copd, etc. I was wondering if there are any services available to transport her to and from appointments, pharmacy, etc. She is paying 8.00 one way for care ride at this time. She is in no position to be able to afford this. She is 58 years old and on a fixed income. I live in Minnesota and cannot be there to help her.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Elephant

Re: Disabled needs transportation to appointments

Post by Elephant »

Hello,
I found your organization listed online.
I am disabled and live on a low income. I have a car but it needs repairs that I cannot afford. I've had mechanics look at it and they have all agreed on the repairs it needs.
I live out in the country and don't have any friends that can help me with rides to my monthly doctor appointments, the grocery store or pharmacy.
Can you send me an application for assistance?
I also need my car to work appointments because I am starting a business and need to be able to get out and meet with potential clients so that I will not stay stuck in this situation.
Thank you for your time and for having this opportunity available.