Unsafe apartment needs to be fixed

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
pressure1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unsafe apartment needs to be fixed

Post by pressure1 »

I have a Section 8 voucher for payment of less than 400.00 per month. I went to court in September but date was moved out to October. The HUD office said to halt payment until apartment fixed. The bathroom shower cement blocks fell inside and to outside twice, ceiling light fixture hanging and not wired connected full no covering and was open wiring, speeders all the times in the tub or around it, Scorpions running on front room floor. gas stove would rush up and gas seep.. Other needed repairs include windows was not secured as attachable..keys was still in the hands of other owners. I paid my check to cover fours months of 187.00 a month. Section 8 said to keep payment. A court order was issued to the landlord. They did not come out to see the condition or speak with the land lord. Many years of my life is gone. I spoke for a hearing but did not get one. I live in East Orange, New Jersey Office.
Coleman

Re: Unsafe apartment needs to be fixed

Post by Coleman »

I am living with my fiance and his father in an apartment. He just went thru emergency heart stint placement due to a major heart attack and he received disability and owns his own home but before his heart attack the fuse in his fuse box disrupted his electricity access. He can only run his electricity with cords from the basement because for some reason the basement gets some electric, so there are numerous extension cords through his home and he has to wear a heart defibrillator vest that can shock him back to life at any moment.
He has a health care coordinator who stops by at the apartment who found a program that will assist in getting an electrician to his home to fix the problem so he has his electricity throughout his home. As if it does not get fixed, it may be condemned as unsafe to live in. He only has to pay $150 and if the electrician charges more to complete the job no matter what the cost my father in law only has to pay 150.
I am asking for this assistance for him because he doesn't wish to seek services for help, but he is on a very fixed income from his social security. Can I get help for him from any program that could cover the $150 for him? Please I'm nervous that when he gets up at night he will trip and fall and thus would cause worse health problems. Thank you.
JJJudy

Re: Unsafe apartment needs to be fixed

Post by JJJudy »

My name is Tia O’Connor and I just got a HUD apartment, but it is unsafe as has no power. I need help turning the power on so I can have my little girl come out of DSS and home with me. I have been trying so hard and doing all I can I had to apply for disability and can't work right now and I don't want to lose my apartment or my daughter. I live in the city of Clinton, SC and it's in Laurens County SC if you could please help me figure out where I can turn to for help to fix this unsafe apartment living place. only need help turning them on after that I will be okay, thank you so much for your time
sincerely.
Clinton, SC 29325