help raising funds to fix travel trailer so not homless

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
doxiegirll
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

help raising funds to fix travel trailer so not homless

Post by doxiegirll »

:shock: :shock: I have posted before and gotten some excellent advice from everything who answered. This time I am not sure if I can get the same kind of responses. For the first time in my life I have found myself HOMELESS. This for me is a shock. I have always been able to get my bills paid, things might have been tight but the essentials have gotten paid. Both my kids are out on their own and not in a place where they can help me. I am stuck at a sisters house (mind you this is one who never made me feel good about myself and still doesn't). I am disabled and live on a very tight budget. I have had a small travel trailer given to me structurally it is sound no leaks but it has also been stripped of all it appliances only the shower stall closet is left as well as one set of cabinets. I can do the work to fix it up but I don't have the finances to do so. I people would donate just 1$ each that would help me any suggestions as to how to do this? Pleas any and all Ideas welcome
Insta

Re: help raising funds to fix travel trailer so not homless

Post by Insta »

I live in a trailer park in a single wide. Recently when my neighbor moved out they was infested in roaches so when they moved out I got infested with them from them. Which was not my fault. My landlord is supposed to fix a few problems in my home (including the wall and floor due to water damaged they caused from not fixing my roof in time) but wont fix it until I get a licensed exterminator to come out and get rid of them. I can not afford this.

I am on metropolitan and they said if I do not do this or find another place to live because I can not afford it they will evict me. I can not afford the exterminator or a security deposit for another place to live. Any chance you might know what I can do?
Macie

Post by Macie »

Help with home repairs such as insulation, windows, doors, toilets and some sort of design of shower so I can get in and out easily. Some carpets cleaned for major allergy’s.. Some help with food that I need to purchase to help my immune system ...help in getting around to senior appointments and stores when I'm able bathrooms, some walls and ceilings redone. I live in single wide trailer and is not very big...thank you for taking the time to even read this. I am 57 years of age on SSI and disability.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is some list of home repairs. Maybe try a church or community action agency for a no-interest loan. Or think about moving too. As the fact is home repairs are costly, and the amount of financial aid to pay for it is very limited...if it exists at all. But you can try to find help for home repairs, but it will be challenging. Also maybe try a disability/aging office in your community.
Macie wrote:Help with home repairs such as insulation, windows, doors, toilets and some sort of design of shower so I can get in and out easily. Some carpets cleaned for major allergy’s.. Some help with food that I need to purchase to help my immune system ...help in getting around to senior appointments and stores when I'm able bathrooms, some walls and ceilings redone. I live in single wide trailer and is not very big...thank you for taking the time to even read this. I am 57 years of age on SSI and disability.
W Dubler

Post by W Dubler »

Hello,
I was referred to you by the Idaho Housing and Finance Association as my current travel trailer is unsafe and needs to be fixed, but we have no money. My significant other and I live in North Idaho, and we have been displaced from our home. We are currently living in a travel trailer, and we have run out of propane to heat our trailer. Additionally, our plumbing is frozen, and my significant other is due for surgery next week. We are located in Kootenai County, and we have had trouble finding services due to the "no service in your area" situation.
I am writing to ask for your help in finding travel trailer repair assistance and/or financial assistance. We are running low on propane, and we desperately need help to raise funds to fix the trailer Our situation is dire, and I have covered the most extreme issues.
Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear back from you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe look into the Idaho community action agency programs. Some have loans or grants to help fix a home - but we are not sure about a trailer. But they can help in some cases, and look here for Community Action in Idaho.
W Dubler wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:38 am Hello,
I was referred to you by the Idaho Housing and Finance Association as my current travel trailer is unsafe and needs to be fixed, but we have no money. My significant other and I live in North Idaho, and we have been displaced from our home.