Sewer backs up, floods basement and needs repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Patti
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Sewer backs up, floods basement and needs repairs

Post by Patti »

Hi. I have been looking everywhere for somewhere to get help for all my bills. I am going through the worst time in my life right now. I recently lost my job of 10 years so I decided to go back to school. I now am ending up with so many unexpected bills that I can not pay. I was seeing a guy who stole $6000 from me, that in itself was a total nightmare. I moved into my house in 2010 and from the day I moved in I have had sewer problems. Every 3 to 4 months my sewer backs up and it is a complete mess. I have spent thousands getting it fixed and having my basement cleaned out every time this happens. I have contacted the city for help and can get now answers. I know it is not right that this keeps happening. I am now facing the problem again. They are now telling me I need a whole new sewer pipe and that could cost $4000-$8000..... I live in Cedar Rapids Iowa. I bought a remodeled flood home. The city wants to rebuild so people will move back to the neighborhood. They are letting people buy these houses and still building new knowing this problem with the sewer pipes is going on. I can NOT afford to have this fixed and can't afford to keep having the sewer back up. Is there any place that can help me pay for this???? I have contacted the city over and over and can't get any answers from them.Thanks for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Sewer backs up, floods basement and needs repairs

Post by Admin »

Well, some of those things (like the sewer and job training) may be addressed by community action agencies. Home repairs, such as for a sewer, are rare but some locations in Iowa do offer low interest loans for those items. Or ask them about weatherization too.
There are also some job search assistance programs in Iowa that the non-profit agencies may be involved with. So while there are no promises, they may be good for you to try. Learn more on the community action programs in Iowa..
Candia

Post by Candia »

I NEED help fixing a sewer line on my property and have been calling around, I left my cell phone number in many places and doubt I will hear back. We can't run any water here without it going into the back yard.
We have not been able to save any money due to all the other repair needs that has happened. It froze during this last winter solid and was caused by nature. Because of a broken promise and having waited too long I lost my home owners insurance so it’s not covered by that because of the roof. The insurance company illegally and without permission trespassed onto my property to take photo's they could not get from a public perspective and I represented myself in a Pittsburgh court but they ignored our interests and clearly did not uphold that part of the law. There is a docket number for this.
MelissaN

Post by MelissaN »

I have a $320.00 past due sewer water and trash bill due. I’ve been out on disability for a few months and my income is much lower now. Then I had sewer backing up which caused that bill to spike. Also my other roommate moved out so I'm living one disability check to another. I am also behind on paying rent for this month of March. Had to pay tags and insurance on my car this month. My hands are tied any way you could help would be appreciated. If not any other resources would help. Thank you.