Suing for workers compensation but need help until then

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Stewarz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Suing for workers compensation but need help until then

Post by Stewarz »

I am going through a financial hardship. I haven't received any income since about December 2012.
I have been a pharmacy technician since 2002. Unfortunately I got an on the job injury. Since it was work related, I hired a worker's compensation attorney. I was placed on TTD. It ran out on July 18, 2013. I have been diagnosed with psychological and physical problems ranging from MDD, insomnia, stress, anxiety disorder, gastropathy, and more injuries in my head, neck, upper and lower back, shoulders, bulging discs and a few more conditions. My therapist suggested I apply for general relief and disability through social security. I have been denied general relief because I have too many assets. I do not own a thing. I have around $70 in my bank account and to receive general relief, I shouldn't have more than $50. In addition to that, if I qualify for disability through social security my workers compensation will be much less than it would be if I received SSDI benefits.
I have a court date for my worker's compensation case coming up in 2 months. I doubt it will be resolved until who knows when. I also applied for unemployment but was denied even though my work place shut down. Their excuse is that I am not able to work because of my injuries and have not been looking for work which is true but should be available to work. My primary care physician has not cleared me so I'm stuck without being able to collect unemployment.
I would appreciate any suggestions you may have and appreciate any help I could receive from you. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this email.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Suing for workers compensation but need help until then

Post by Admin »

if you were really denied for unemployed, needs help filing for SSDI, and are suing your employer, than you may want to look into free legal aid. Many attorneys can help with those issues you identified. They offer their services for free, if you qualify based on income. Anyway, try call the Legal Services Corporation funded firm in your state. Click more information.