Not receiving support from ex so may be homeless now

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Ernest While
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Not receiving support from ex so may be homeless now

Post by Ernest While »

I have been going through a horrible divorce for the last two years. I am disabled and I am 57 years old trying to survive on $535 a month. Support has been ordered but my ex is denying and delaying at every possible step. I live and own a 30 year old drafty mobile home and the utility bills are killing and the other problems I've faced is my refrigerator quit. I lost all my food I was getting 169 a month food stamp but when the support of $500 a month was ordered they were reduced to 16 dollars a month rather the support is paid or not. They say I expect to receive said payments. I am about to be evicted because I just don't have $240.00 every month to pay space rent. This month I paid $233 on electric bill and I am going down slow but sure. I may face homelessness at this stage of my life so unprepared and frightened of the uncertainty that is raging towards me each day. I currently am behind on space rent over the last year totaling $900.00. Some months I can only pay a $100. I just don’t know where to turn the ucan community action center denied me space rent hep saying there funds did not allow money for mobile home space rent. That seems insane to me but everything does these days. It's hard to continue to feel like I even matter at all anymore.