Water pump is broken and need a new one

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Nashville
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Water pump is broken and need a new one

Post by Nashville »

To whom it concerns:

I want to start off by saying that I am not the one who needs help. My wife and I have found a single unemployed mother with a pregnant 16 year old daughter, living in a very rural area of Columbia county, South Carolina, with no (as in none at all ) water. They have had no water for about six weeks now. My wife and I bought them 21 gallons of drinking water about two weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure that is mostly gone by now. Their well pump (a submersible) has either shorted out somewhere underground, or has burned up completely. I tried to see if I could repair it, but I have no way to get it out of the ground, so it is beyond my ability to help any further. My wife and I were going to buy them a new pump, but that also is beyond our ability, due to the high cost, and the high cost of getting it down into the ground. That takes a well man, and they are so high as to be completely unaffordable for folks like us. And, the mom surely can't afford it, as her monthly income is below 400.00 dollars per month. I do not know how she is paying her bills, if she is even able to. The young girl that is pregnant is a home-schooled student, and the mom is unemployed due to health problems. She was receiving SSI benefits, but that has recently stopped and she has an appeal in progress that may or may not be successful. At any rate, that will be so far down the road as to be of no help right now when they need it the most. These folks are totally dependent on the mercy of others for every need that they have that requires water. They can't bathe regularly, can't cook properly, cannot wash clothes, or even flush the toilet. They have no vehicle, and can't go to the store, even for life's necessities, unless someone takes them. As you are aware, it is not only unsafe and unsanitary for anyone to be without water, as it is a necessity of life, BUT, especially for a pregnant woman to be to in this condition. And, by the way, this is her first pregnancy. These people need help, and we don't know what to do for them. Can you possibly help them get a pump? All of this is verifiable too. Please contact me if you can help, or know where they can get any real help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Water pump is broken and need a new one

Post by Admin »

We are not sure if any programs can repair or replace a water pump. Maybe try a community action agency. Some offer low interest loans for home repairs. Or another option of course is to call the water provider in the region. Maybe they have ideas or vendors they use to buy pumps at a discount. But there are different assistance programs for homes with a water need, and our site has them. Click here.
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

My mother is 70 years old and works one day a week to supplement her social security. The issue is that the water well she uses is drying up. It has been in place for decades and was never deep enough.
She needs to have a new water well dug and installed and the cost is to much for her or the family to help with. Today the water well is not sending any water to the house.
What agencies or help might there be out there to help with this?
Jstark

Post by Jstark »

Hello, my dad is a U.S Veteran. He is a widow and lives alone. He is on a fixed income, he gets disability. I have recently come to find out that his hot water heater is broken and he usually takes child showers or heats up water on the stove. He is very ill, he has diabetes, chronic pancreatic. He recently had a stent put in his kidney.
I am a single mother with 3 children and unfortunately it is very difficult to buy him a new hot water heater. I am inquiring to see of there is some type of assistance, to enable him to obtain a hot water heater. Any assistance that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Nashville

Post by Nashville »

Hello,
My name is Lindsay, my mother, Carmen is 65 years old, a widow of 18 years and lives alone. Yesterday she found out that her well water has completely run out and she needs to switch over to city water which is an expensive task that she needs to pay for out of pocket. As the water pump is broken or maybe dry, but either way she needs help.
My mom was a caregiver for her elderly mother the last 10 years before my grandma passed away in 2021. My mom hasn’t been able to return to work.
I am desperately looking to see if there are any grant, scholarships, emergency fundings, that I can sign her up for to help her with this process to fix the water pump or switch her over.
Please contact me at your next convenience. I’d greatly appreciate it.
I could go on and on about how much my mom needs this help and how deserving she is and how grateful she’d be.