Need a hot water tank

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Wegerskia99
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need a hot water tank

Post by Wegerskia99 »

I am a mother of three children under the age of 7. My husband was laid off a few months ago from a job he has worked at for the past 8 years. We are already getting eviction notices and still waiting to hear from HEAP for oil and assistance with our electricity bill. To make things worse, our hot water tank "pooped the bed" about a week ago. I have been trying to figure something out to get another one but have had no luck. I am not sure what or where else to look. Can you help?
Povidence
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need a hot water tank

Post by Povidence »

I am searching for resources for my mother-in-law. She lives in Topeka KS- Shawnee County. She is on a fixed income of her social security check only and lives alone. Her hot water heater went out and she does not have the money to purchase a new one. I was checking to see there were any resources in Topeka to help with the purchase of a used or new hot water heater for her. Her income is around 11,000.00 annual and she owns a trailer in Topeka. Any help in resources would be greatly appreciated and I will pass along the information to her. If you need to talk to her give me a number and I will have her call you for any information you might need. You can reply to this email and I will pass along the information to her. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Programs to replace a hot water tank are fairly rare. Is she a senior? If so, so may have some more potential resources. Kansas also provides its residents with limited financial aid and support. You can pass her the information from our site on weatherization. Sometimes it pays for repairs or new units. The program does operate in Kansas and that may in fact be her best bet. Try this for more details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... izati.html
Single mom needs

Post by Single mom needs »

I am disabled and I very seldom leave my home since I fell back in November 2014 and broke my right knee cap and my right arm and spent ten days at the hospital to have those breaks screwed back together. And In December 2014, I had to spend another ten days at the hospital to un-clog and blood clot that was near my hearth which developed after my knee and arm operations. Also, I am fearful of climbing up my hilly driveway because that is where I felled. So, I look out the window most of the day to get a little sun light and I only seen my meter changed out before I broke my knee cap and arm in November 2014.
So, what do you think is causing my water spikes? Is it the tank? When you put the meter in back in November 2014, the installer showed me the meter and the meter was not moving because there was no water being used at that time. But still I get a bill stating that two people used over 9200 gallons of water. Then you charge me consumption of 4000 gallon at $2.16 per thousand gallons equaling $8.64 and then 5200 gallons at $3.08 equaling $16.02 and Sewer service-based on water service for 9200 gallons at $104.34 and water service charges for $5.71 and Sewer service charge for $13.77. Last payment was $148.47. This payment is a lot more. It is $204.70!
This payment my consumption when up to 13100 usage; 4000 at $2.16 per thousand gallons equaling $8.64 and 9100 at $3.08 per thousand equaling $28.03; Sewer service charge for 13100 gallons equaling 148.55; water service charge of $5.71 and Sewer service charge of $13.77. All these charges total $204.70 for this payment. So I think it is a hot water tank issue. And nothing have changed from last payment to this payment except the bill spike price!
I have paid plumber to inspect my home for visual notice leaks and I have paid $1575.00 to have my water line replaced. I don't know what else to do except reach out to everybody and say I need HELP!