Gasoline vouchers

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Soledad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Gasoline vouchers

Post by Soledad »

Hello I am in need for gas vouchers as well as car repair services. I am not working right now me and my husband and daughter are on welfare. My husband was a victim of a drive by shooting he was shot 6 times and cannot work. I recently stopped working to care for him and we need help with gas so I can take him to all his doctor visits. Please respond I am desperate and in need. I called our social worker but she said they do not offer gas vouchers and we just get about 600 a month for our car payment and car insurance we don’t have anything left expect for gas which runs out fast I am now looking for work. We live with my mother she is helping us now but we are struggling please email me back thank you!
Superaging

Re: Gasoline vouchers

Post by Superaging »

I'm not sure exactly what I am supposed to be doing so I will tell you what is going on. In 2010 I closed my business of 5 years due to slow economy and my wife went to work at that time. I went back to school in the fall of 2011 and just graduated this May of 2012. Last year after getting done with my internship at school I was involved in a accident where I broke my arm and did not obtain employment until this June and it was a temporary job which ended in August. So we are a family of three and living on an income of take of about $2350 A MONTH. We just lost our house we bought in 2006 in Green Bay and moved to Milwaukee WI. I am actively seeking employment, even outside the area of my latest expertise. Just coming up with gas money or vouchers for interviews is impossible. So in a small nutshell this is our dilemma. Can you help?
Cincy

Post by Cincy »

I need with paying gasoline, High electric bill, water, and heating oil. Presently, I have no cash. Oil and car insurance are paid up to date. Thank you very much, I am receiving Social Security Disability and a pension, I was forced to retire due to back injury.
BobbyJones

Post by BobbyJones »

Hi, I have insurance but my total out of pocket this year is going to be about $1300.00. I can make payments but don’t know if I can pay it all. I am taking chemo and will have radiation for breast cancer and each time I go for a treatment it costs about $45.00 in gas. Also, I had to go without pay at my job for about 3 weeks. I have received some help already but may need a little more. I want to pay as much as I can myself. What can you offer?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some churches may help with gasoline costs, especially if you have cancer. Or they can provide other items you need while you get better. Some churches will also have volunteer drivers as a form of transportation. Read how churches may offer gasoline vouchers.
Moodys

Post by Moodys »

Hello,
I need help with gas vouchers for mental health and substance abuse treatment. I contacted the Salvation Army and they VERY rudely told me they would not provide that. I contacted the Community Action Agency and they said they could help me with two tanks of gas. I live in Hillsdale County BTW, it is very rural community in Michigan. I called my insurance (United Health Care) and they don't cover it. My DHS worker is 'checking' on it. However, I've found nothing is quick with them (not to be negative, if it works out and they DO, I'd be so happy).
I have many medical appointments and due to all pain related diagnoses (MS being one) things have snuck up on me. I can't seem to get anyone to help me with disability, have no form of income and find myself in a bad spot.
Thank you for any resources.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
You are not entitled to any help, for gasoline or anything. You seem to think you are. The Salvation Army does not need to assist you, the fact that community action will give you two tanks of fuel you should be very grateful too, and DHS is under no obligation to help. Not sure what you expect or think....do you think every charity should just give the millions of struggling families free gas vouchers? Ridiculous. Anyway, here are some options to try for gasoline vouchers.
Moodys wrote:Hello,
I need help with gas vouchers for mental health and substance abuse treatment. I contacted the Salvation Army and they VERY rudely told me they would not provide that. I contacted the Community Action Agency and they said they could help me with two tanks of gas. I live in Hillsdale County BTW, it is very rural community in Michigan. I called my insurance (United Health Care) and they don't cover it. My DHS worker is 'checking' on it. However, I've found nothing is quick with them (not to be negative, if it works out and they DO, I'd be so happy).
I have many medical appointments and due to all pain related diagnoses (MS being one) things have snuck up on me. I can't seem to get anyone to help me with disability, have no form of income and find myself in a bad spot.
Thank you for any resources.
MayaBijou

Post by MayaBijou »

My name is Sam. I live in Petersburg Alaska and I was just recently contacted by a friend of mine living up in Anchorage area and she gave a friend a ride to Anchorage with promises he would pay her gas for getting back home. Then he disappeared and she found them later with all his money spent on alcohol and now she has no gas in her car to get home and she has no money in her account right now.  Is there any way you could help with a gasoline voucher?  If I got her in contact with you.
Anestatia

Post by Anestatia »

We need gasoline vouchers. I have to start taking my husband to University of Iowa Hospital in IA City witch is over a 1 1/2 hours away. He has to go to the pain clinic down there because his back doctor. Says there's no more help for him and hopefully they can make him conformable for the rest of his life he's 42 years old. He has 20 screws and 3 wedges and 6 rods in his lower back already and we just found out he has a not her rupture and 2 more bulges. We are on FIP and state of IA insurance. And food stamps. I can't find extra work I do work at school but we are out for summer. So any help for gasoline vouchers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Kelly_Ryan

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

Hello my name is Orysi, and I am writing to you in desperate need of assistance. I need gasoline vouchers. I am unemployed for many months now and my unemployment just ran out 3 weeks ago. I have no source of income and I am also working with Social Services and help with finding a job. I have no funds for gas for my car. I tried the Salvation Army of Toms River and House of Hope in Toms River. Do you know of any place that would help with gas vouchers or help get gasoline, so I can keep looking for work? I've never been in this situation before, so I don't know where else to go. Thank you, Orysia