Food and rent for Americans

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Watson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Food and rent for Americans

Post by Watson »

Please help my wife & I find help. We need urgent help with food & rent. We have tried most churches, etc. Only to be told we need to have a young child in the home. My wife can't have children. She had an emergency hysterectomy in 2009. She was filled with Tumors! We deserve to receive help, as Americans. Please help us.....before it's too late.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Food and rent for Americans

Post by Admin »

Well, not sure what your comment on for Americans means or is implying. But we will still reply anyway. There are many government programs that can offer free food, groceries, meals, and even things like SNAP food stamps. Or just try a local pantry. So you and your wife have options. Click more details.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hello, I have come across a bad spot in our lives and could really use some help. I am embarrassed to ask but it's came down to we really need someone's help with food and other bills! We are in desperate need of help of food, household items hygiene, rent, gas, etc.
Aso I have children who really need clothing and school supplies. If there anyway someone could help or point me in right direction it would be gladly appreciated. I live in Evansville Montana. Please email me ASAP. Thank you.
Gomez56

Post by Gomez56 »

Hi,
   I need assistance  with  paying  rent that I owe, About $4000 in total. I also need food - no American should go without housing or food. I just received  a notice that I have 5 days to pay or eviction  process  would  begin.  Today is Thursday. Not sure if Saturday  and Sunday  is included in the 5 days.
   I intend on going to apply personally Monday, I work today and Friday,  so can’t  make it  till Monday.  
Please  let me know what  I should  do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many assistance programs, from the government and charities, listed for Americans. You can find them on the site. Now they can be free items or grants. Or referrals or donations - in any care there are options. Find free financial help.
Ditka

Post by Ditka »

My wife and I have been staying with our son for the past year. We moved here from Illinois to help him with his two kids, but now we need some food and rent money too. At the end of October, we were told that he and his kids are moving in with his girlfriend. My wife was told that he had paid the rent for November, which is $1,100 a month. Yesterday we found out that he had not paid anything for November, when the landlord served a 3-day eviction notice.
We have talked to the landlord today and he says if we can pay the $1,100 for November, since we have been living here, we can take over the lease. Our son paid a $500 deposit, which the landlord said he would just keep it and use it for the deposit for us. Our son wouldn't get it back anyway because he was basically evicted.
My wife and I are disabled and receive social security disability. We make $2,909 a month, which is not enough for rent with the cost of housing Americans face. Our oldest daughter and her son are with us too. Our daughter was working but lost her job, so she is looking for another job, at which time her and her son will be moving.
At this time, there are five in the house. This includes me, my wife, our 13-year-old son, our oldest daughter, and her 6-year-old son.
We are getting help, as Americans, with the rent from Catholic Charities of Dallas. They told me to contact your organization about deposits on the electricity and water. I have called the water department and the deposit is $180. But, I have no idea what the electric deposit is yet.
Is there any possible way we could get help with these deposits. And, because we put money into the house for some bills and bought some food, we are totally broke (in fact overdrawn in our checking account), is there someplace we might be able to get some food.
Thank you very much for your time, and God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have have a listing of where to get free stuff. That include food and grants, and maybe the kids can get the stuff they need too. As far as him stiffing you with the rent, that sounds like a personal issue between family. But look here for where to get free stuff.
Ditka wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:36 am My wife and I have been staying with our son for the past year. We moved here from Illinois to help him with his two kids, but now we need some food and rent money too. At the end of October, we were told that he and his kids are moving in with his girlfriend. My wife was told that he had paid the rent for November, which is $1,100 a month. Yesterday we found out that he had not paid anything for November, when the landlord served a 3-day eviction notice.