Windows and home improvement

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
TerrelS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Windows and home improvement

Post by TerrelS »

To whom it may concern Looking for HELP ! My windows are falling out and so old I need help paying for my electric bills they are out of site. We tried average billing and free night but that’s no relief they all have little clauses that bring you back to square one. I am disabled and on SSDI and husband is disabled but unable to draw disability, but has lawyer working on it. He has bladder cancer and can not afford to use his Dr. anymore due to my disability. I had all the insurance coverage and was disabled and then laid off from my job, so lost all benefits, we also need medical , dental , vision and prescription help. I have been trying to get in touch with a agency that will help me to weatherize my home as it is 30 yr plus old windows are old and some are falling out. I have to prop them open with a stick to keep them open. I have only a window unit which cools a small potion of my home and one that is so old the front is falling off and never shuts off it is approx 29 years plus my mom had a agency to come to her home. They replaced doors & windows and many of her appliances (stove , hot water heater , and heating , and window units I also think they put in insulation I think it was tax-cap but was never charged a dime, she only live on $500 a month so god bless them, but looking for something that might help me replace windows and weatherize my home. I am on SSDI and make 2000 a month sounds like a lot but when all bills , are paid and vehicle registration, and property taxes , and animals are feed not much left. Also both me and husband have regular Dr. appointment, and prescription once a month, no insurance and Dr. charges $149 or more for each and no refills each time not including medications. That bill adds up quickly any possible suggestions? My State is Florida.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Windows and home improvement

Post by Admin »

Maybe you can try the community action agency in your town of Camden. Sometimes they can offer loan interest loans for home repairs or updates. But they will come with restrictions and be limited. But you can call around and ask.
They may have other suggestions on energy efficient windows as well as weatherization in New Jersey. So try them for support. Continue with Camden community action.