Child support not being paid

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Herrara
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Child support not being paid

Post by Herrara »

I am a single mother who has just left an abusive relationship. I am living with family members for the time being, but this cannot be a permanent situation. The father of my child lives in Colorado and as of yet has not paid any child support. I would like to work part-time perhaps watching children so that I may take my son with me. I also plan on applying for grants so that I can attend school to better my life and my son's as well...
J Becket

Re: Child support not being paid

Post by J Becket »

I am a single mom of two boys. My uncle currently has them in NH. I am involved with CPS. I need an apartment and a vehicle in order to get my children back. I don’t know what else to do. I am on SSI. I get $698.00 a month. It’s been 2 years I just want my babies please help me.
WolfB

Post by WolfB »

Good Afternoon,

Not knowing where else to turn I’m hoping you can help me, My ex-husband has not paid child support since 2009 and he’s approximately $50K behind in payments, I tried to write a court order myself in Dec 2012 and the Judge from the California court told me I need an attorney to write the order stating that he is in contempt of court for nonpayment of child support asking for him to be incarcerated until payment is made in full. I called several attorneys and I simply cannot come up with the retainer amounts they are asking. My divorce decree states anyone in violation must pay for attorney fees for the other, but with me paying 100% of child expenses I cannot get the money to help myself, I’m hoping you can direct me in the right direction. Someone who can help write the correct documents and prepare me for what to expect in court. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Don't try this yourself. Look into a pro-bono law firm for advise and free legal support. Writing your own court order can actually make your situation worse.
The attorneys can deal with civil legal issues such as lack of child care payments, divorce filings, and similar issues. The free legal aid is in every state too. Click more details.
Troyyer

Post by Troyyer »

I have six children one of them is only 1 month old. I have little help from their father and make $8.25 an hour working as much as I can in between 6 children's school and extra curricular schedules. I need to get child support from him. I went on leave during my pregnancy for about two months and the bills have piled up. I am currently out of options and don't have anywhere to go. My landlord has asked me to pay him 1200 dollars by the 5th of February or will be evicted. I pray that someone can help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some of the government run child care programs that may offer legal support as well. They may be able to point you in the direction of who to contact to make sure you get those payments from your husband. Not only that, but they also can help coordinate low cost day care programs for you and your child. As there is no way any father should ever short change their child.
AaronSm

Post by AaronSm »

I am the sole primary custodial parent and mother of my kid DOB 04/27/2005. He was enrolled into mental health services in February 2015 diagnosed with ADHD Anxiety, OCD, and Social Phobia. The father attended the treatment plan with no objections and or concerns March 31 2016; yet he refused to administer the medications during his parenting time, May 16-17 2016; therefore overnight parenting time was changed to parenting time visits without overnights (order states reasonable
Parenting time).
I begged the father to speak and/or meet with the professionals for questions and/or concerns. Events that took place after September 1 include; disruption at school and home by the father on June 2 2015;, disruption at home by the father wife Friday April 5th 2016; The father sitting outside of my home June 15th; and on Saturday June 20th 2015 an assault and Battery to family friend in the presence of said minor child and took him from the scene.
Now the father filed a motion for enforcement of judgment. The child support formula is based on 156 over nights which the father has never practiced or tried to practice I have never denied him visitation but since he refused to give the child his required medication in the morning I could not put my sons' mental health at risk. Christopher has a long criminal history and violence, I even had a legal action against him 10 years ago. I have 2 children and I am the only one in the home supporting the entire household and not receiving the child support as ordered by the court.
He is thousands behind in child support. I am working to support my family and he hasn't paid the child support yet I can't afford a lawyer and he has one....so I am not able to make a large deposit. I am looking for someone who can help me.
gracie

Post by gracie »

Need help paying rent. My child support that I was receiving was recently cut off and that's what paid my rent so now I'm behind and just got a court order in the mail today and I have a 6 year old little boy.
I'm trying to get back on our feet since I lost my youngest son 6 years ago at the age of 5 when he drowned. I don't like asking people for help because I don't want to feel needy but at this time I'm begging. I'm waiting to hear about my son's disability and I go for mine in September, and hope child support starts getting paid again. Please help. I'm begging I don't want to lose my home or my child! Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe two different things to do. One is to apply for rent help in Canyon County. That is here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... stanc.html
Sadly a large percentage of parent(s) do not pay their child support. It is sad, tragic, as it hurts the kid. For that issue, try legal aid in idaho. More info is here. That may help you too. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... idaho.html
gracie wrote:Need help paying rent. My child support that I was receiving was recently cut off and that's what paid my rent so now I'm behind and just got a court order in the mail today and I have a 6 year old little boy.