Homeless in Tennessee

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
wrightla44
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Homeless in Tennessee

Post by wrightla44 »

To: Whoever Can Help A Homeless Family.

June 16, 2009

My name is Miss LaShonda and I’m a single parent of 6 children. Two of my children are now grown, one of my children just graduated from high school and is preparing for college, one child is deceased, and I have two that’s still considered minors. I also have 2 grandchildren (ages 2 and 4 months). All of these children are my “gems” and we all truly love each other very, very, very much!

The problem I’m having at this present time (June 15, 2009) is that we have become “HOMELESS” and in need of some permanent housing ASAP as well as other things. I know you may not know me and I may not know you all on a personal level but I’m still asking for your assistance in some kind of way. However, I have enclosed with this letter a few photographs just to “put a face with a name” so that you can at least see the person that is asking you for help and know that this is a real situation.

I am a Christian woman that attends a church here in Nashville , TN. I have requested help from my church family in the past and they have already helped me the best they could financially and I really appreciate them, however we are still HOMELESS and really need a place to call our own (our own home).

If you are willing to help us we would be truly grateful and no donation/amount is too small. We would be more than happy to receive gift cards, certificates, vouchers if you don’t want to send us money. But we are in need of clothing, shoes, belts, toiletries, personal items and food. I’ve enclosed some of the sizes below.

Your immediate attention is appreciated and I’m thanking you in advance. The BIBLE tells me that “I have not because I ask not” so I’m asking for your help. Please help us.

Sincerely,

Miss LaShonda
14 year old girl - 16 slim in shirts and pants and size 7 ½ in shoes.
18 year old son - 32/34 in pants and tops and size 10 in shoes.
1 year old girl - 18 – 24 months in clothes, size 4 diapers and size 5 in shoes.
42 year old mother – size 8/10 or medium in clothes and size 6 ½ in shoes.

Please Help Us. Please, Please, Please.

P.S. The 18 and 42 year old do have jobs we just can’t make ends meet right now.
helper

Re: Homeless in Tennessee

Post by helper »

I am sorry to hear your story. Nashville and Tennessee does provide a significant amount of homeless and housing assistance programs. You can find shelters, short term rent relief, and a wide variety of other aid.
http://www.hud.gov/local/tn/homeless/shelters.cfm
Is a good resource to find more info on the various housing programs.
Malone
anti spam: Blue

Post by Malone »

I was wonder if your organization would help my husband and I get into an apartment, we are looking into an apartment in Louisville TN in Blount county and do not want to be homeless in Tennessee.   Any help or information would be grateful.   We just moved here from Vermont and wanted to start over, but it was harder than we thought to find a place to live, we got here on September 26 and ran out of money, I can only contact through email.  We ran out of money once we got to Tennessee and just need help or information if possible.   Thank you very much
Barbie
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You ran out of money when you got to Tennessee? We have no idea what that means but it sounds very messy to say the least. Why move if you have little/no money and no job? Horrible decision. But maybe try TN rapid rehousing programs.
Malone wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:46 am I was wonder if your organization would help my husband and I get into an apartment, we are looking into an apartment in Louisville TN in Blount county and do not want to be homeless in Tennessee.   Any help or information would be grateful.   We just moved here from Vermont and wanted to start over, but it was harder than we thought to find a place to live, we got here on September 26 and ran out of money, I can only contact through email.  We ran out of money once we got to Tennessee and just need help or information if possible.   Thank you very much
Barbie
Sandralot

Post by Sandralot »

Hello, my name is Kelly and I am now homeless. On March 27th the building Patten Towers (an income based apartment building) I lived in caught on fire. Since then they have moved everyone out. I am at a hotel in Tennessee. We are not on a bus line and even if we were, I work from 8:30pm until around 1am. I'm part time minimum wage. I have a 2004 Honda Accord, but it's not running. I'm unable to get to work, I don't get disability yet. I've applied for it. I really need help as technically I am homeless as the apartments burnt down. Patten Towers is just down the street from my work. Now I can't get there. I found out recently that floors 8-11 are getting to go back in the next couple of weeks, then floors 6-1. I was on the seventh floor across from the apartment that caught on fire. Management is saying that the seventh floor will be the last to go back. I don't know what to do. Can you please help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Kelly,
That is horrible about the building burning down. As least you are safe/healthy, as many do not make it through events like that. But look here for help with rent in TN. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... essee.html
Sandralot wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:29 pm Hello, my name is Kelly and I am now homeless.