Free air conditoners

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Tiger
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Free air conditoners

Post by Tiger »

My air conditioner will no longer work and I need help with someone in the Travis county weatherization health and human services. I do not have an email address of my own and I am using my sister's computer and I am not able to go on line it to apply. Please call me as I know I will qualify for assistance as I am disabled, my source of income is SSI, and I am on SNAP. All assistance is appreciated. Please call
Homer

Re: Free air conditoners

Post by Homer »

I am in dire need of a new central air system. I have an autistic son and I receive no help for that. I tried to apply for some different loans and I was not approved. The heat in my house is very hot in the summer. I can't apparently afford to repair this with cash. If you know of any assistance programs that help Arizona residents please give me a call or email me back at the same address. I need this ASAP!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is the contact information for weatherization in Texas. Whether they provide free air conditioners or not, we would be doubtful. But you can call and ask. Maybe try a place like the Salvation Army as well. Sometimes they have free fans or AC units. While they may be used, they are better than nothing. So here are the details on Texas weatherization assistance.
Redwoddswer

Post by Redwoddswer »

I have a friend whose parents are on disability and their A/C went out. They do not have the money to pay a company to fix it but what they need is someone honest to come look at it and see what is actually wrong with it give an honest opinion and get it fixed without charging an arm and leg. They are proud people and don’t want something for nothing just get the air conditioner fixed as cheaply as possible, preferably for free. They have fans right now but it is extremely hot during the day.
Please let me know if you can recommend someone in the Baytown, TX area that could help.
Miller

Post by Miller »

My central air unit stopped working and I have a newborn son in the house. I was wondering if project now has a program that gives free window air conditioner units. We live in a mobile home, and it gets extremely hot. My son spent the first week of his life in the NICU because of his breathing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, each year there are charities (including the Salvation Army) that provide these items. In addition to them there are other places to turn to for free air conditioners. If you have a sick kid that will also help you when you are applying.
Wells

Post by Wells »

I am an admin of a Facebook page called Okaloosa County helping hands. It is a group where people try to pay it forward. They can ask for help and others can post items they no longer need. We have been seeing a lot of request for free air conditioners. Mostly people in trailers and people with lung issues. We are in Fort Walton Beach Florida and surrounding areas. Do you have any advice on where to call for any help?
Gamrakein

Post by Gamrakein »

Hello,
 I am writing to you because I am concerned about a close friend of mine. She is a single mother of a 10 year old daughter and a caretaker for her mother and father which have a number of medical needs and live on SSI. Her AC unit blew out last year and now she is dealing with deadly heat in her home. She needs a free aid conditioner. Herself, her daughter, pets and parents are all at risk. She’s needing a full repair of her AC unit or a swamp cooler that would cool a double wide trailer. We are in Texas where the temperatures are reaching  triple digits. The heat of course is becoming dangerous for all of them. Would it be possible, or know of an organization where a unit such as yours can be donated to her? We’ve tried local charities for free air conditioners and already have a GoFundMe page set up. If you like, you can reach me. Below is her GoFundMe page.
Ridley101

Post by Ridley101 »

I’m a single mother of two. I am disabled seeing a free air conditioner. I’m in appeal process waiting for a hearing (18-24 months) & I have only 785/month to support myself & two daughters. I live in a substandard rundown apartment and the windows leak, and I can’t install an air conditioner properly due to my disability.  I have a portable AC unit.
The bill is very high in the summer.  I’m always way past due and about to be shut off.  If I could get help installing an air co sit in we properly, getting proper window coverings to co serve energy? These are my ideas but really any assistance is needed.  I can’t pay my bills.  I also have a refrigerator that runs constantly and gets warm and my food goes bad, then it freezes everything.  It’s an energy waster but I don’t have any alternative right now.  It’s been that way every summer.  I really need help for an air conditioner, really a free one.  It keeps wasting any groceries I buy.  My daughters don’t understand why I am so troubled.  I’ve had nine spinal surgeries and I’m totally overwhelmed with problems.  I’m looking for help and I found your contact information online.  Can you help me pay my electric bills, or help me get the air conditioner and/or refrigerator working efficiently?  Please advise.  Thanks for reading this.