Black mold in home

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Cuban
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Black mold in home

Post by Cuban »

Supervisor,We own our home in Munising, Michigan and are having some serious problems with black mold...One side of our roof leaks just a little, but it has caused severe black mold in our bathroom. The ceiling is completely covered in mold along with the one window. It is now moving down the walls and into the next room, my daughters bedroom. I have tried to clean it up, but it just comes back with a vengeance. I am on disability and we have a limited income. I can not afford to hire anyone to fix the problem, but I am afraid the mold may be dangerous to the health of my children. Is there anyone out there that can help us or give us a loan or grant to fix it up.....I can not get a loan from my local banks at this time....
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Black mold in home

Post by Admin »

You need to fix the root cause, which is the roof. Look into weatherization. This can be free for income qualified homeowners. As far as the mold, some communities and states offer low interest loans for home repairs. Click here for information on Michigan housing and assistance programs by county, and maybe you will be able to find a loan program for the home repairs/mold removal.
Cuban wrote:Supervisor,We own our home in Munising, Michigan and are having some serious problems with black mold...One side of our roof leaks just a little, but it has caused severe black mold in our bathroom. The ceiling is completely covered in mold along with the one window. It is now moving down the walls and into the next room, my daughters bedroom. I have tried to clean it up, but it just comes back with a vengeance. I am on disability and we have a limited income. I can not afford to hire anyone to fix the problem, but I am afraid the mold may be dangerous to the health of my children. Is there anyone out there that can help us or give us a loan or grant to fix it up.....I can not get a loan from my local banks at this time....
JohnNumber12

Post by JohnNumber12 »

I am a home owner and in desperate need of a new roof. I recently discovered black mold. Called my homeowners insurance company, and filled a claim. They came out on Friday, and after inspection, I was told I had no claim and in fact needed a new roof.
I am currently in financial distress. Two weeks ago I was informed by the Honda dealer that my car needed a new transmission. So that's where my money went, when the roof issue developed. My car still being worked on, and I'm relying on a coworker for rides into work.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe black mold can be addressed by a home repair program. Read more.
Those combine short term loans with government grants. So maybe mold is covered. But we know a roof will be...if your income is low enough and supports it.
vanessa Bailey

Post by vanessa Bailey »

Hello, I am on disability due to a stroke and I have been getting sicker and sicker and drained my finances trying to figure it out doctor had no answers. It has been determined I have toxic levels of black mold in my condo and I am not safely able to live. I have had water damage from the condo above and condo behind in addition to water leaks inside the condo. Because of my health I have not been able to work. I have never missed a payment. The insurance company is dragging their feet and I don't have the extra resources to find alternative housing. I am asking please for direction I just don't know where to turn to to get rid of black mold. I had to put my puppy in a shelter and I am sick and having to live out of my car because my home is not safe
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Erica Jane

Post by Erica Jane »

Hello!
I’m not sure who to contact so I am starting here just to see if you have recommendations or anything to get rid of black mold and get other repairs. I live out of state and am not able to help my mother who adopted me as an older single mother. She will be turning 74 in February and has trouble with walking. She has had pets in the past and wasn’t able to always take them out due to her health problems. I have tried for years to help her and tried to help declutter her home, but she is stubborn. She needs a lot of help cleaning her home to get rid of black mold since she’s not able to do so herself besides simple things like her dishes and laundry.
She needs to replace her floors in her bedroom/bath room they are ruined from pets for years but there’s furniture in there she cannot get out and I’m not able to help her. Long story short she doesn't have any family in tri cities to help and  I am trying to see if you guys have resources for people to help her get old things out or someone to talk to her about cleaning and getting her home into a healthy place for her to live in. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thank you so much for taking time to read this! Please reach out to me if you have any suggestions and I can let her know!
From a concerned daughter,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have listed on our site free government home repair programs as well as DIY tips. Both can be used. Whether you can DIY on black mold, we have no idea. But you can read about options or find a government program to help.