Need of free car repair

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
jrm57
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need of free car repair

Post by jrm57 »

I reside in St Clair county Illinois. My only income is SSD which is very low. My car has broken down and in need of a water pump replacement. I can afford the new water pump. It's the labour cost of $950(which is much much more than my monthly income) for a vehicle that is 13 years old with almost 200,000 miles is something that I can not afford. Now that my car is broken down it seems that my friends(so I thought)and relatives refuse to answer my calls or return messages when I need help going to the doctor etc. Or they have one excuse after another not to help me out when I need to go to the doctor, picking up my medication etc. It's sad but true. Many local charities including churches are having a difficult financial problems during this time, therefor asking for help is difficult. Can anyone help me please with information. :cry:
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need of free car repair

Post by Admin »

Car repairs are rare to get help with. Not many places offer assistance, if any. Funding is also very limited. Churches, Salvation Army, and similar places are good to call, which sounds like you have already done. Also find some information on other car repair possibilities.

As far as a listing of non-profits and charities in your area, find extensive details on St. Clair financial assistance programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/st_ ... e_pr1.html We have charities, non-profits, community action agencies and many other places to call.

jrm57 wrote:I reside in St Clair county Illinois. My only income is SSD which is very low. My car has broken down and in need of a water pump replacement. I can afford the new water pump. It's the labour cost of $950(which is much much more than my monthly income) for a vehicle that is 13 years old with almost 200,000 miles is something that I can not afford. Now that my car is broken down it seems that my friends(so I thought)and relatives refuse to answer my calls or return messages when I need help going to the doctor etc. Or they have one excuse after another not to help me out when I need to go to the doctor, picking up my medication etc. It's sad but true. Many local charities including churches are having a difficult financial problems during this time, therefor asking for help is difficult. Can anyone help me please with information. :cry:
jrm57

Post by jrm57 »

Thank you for your reply. As for the phone number 277-6790 to call and ask if there is possibly an organization to help was unsuccessful also. Every time I call I get a recorded message telling me the call can not go through at this time, and to try again later. Well I try over and over again and still get the same response. So I don't know if the number has been disconnected or if the office is closed due to state funding or what. Therefore I haven't any idea who to call now or what to do. But thank you so much for your help I sure do appreciate it.
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

I have heard of schools that offer auto/shop repair, sometimes will take cars to work on, so the students can get expierence. Try some area high schools in your area to see what kind of situations they gain in doing this. Because the students after all have to get the cars from somewhere to work on.
Newport

Post by Newport »

I have a used vehicle I purchased about 2 months ago.
I had to take my vehicle to the shop for repairs and they are extensive repairs and exceeded the estimate I expected. I am needing assistance on helping pay for the repairs to my vehicle.
Please let me know if there is a location or organization in Yakima Washington area able to help.
I need assistance right away do to this is my only transportation to and from work.
Doler

Post by Doler »

Hello,
I'm a 58 year old single female, living on SSDI of $1114/month.
I am in dire need of $326.13 + $90 for car repairs. I bought a used 2003 Kia Sedona mini-van Sept 2012, from private owner.
I have had several car repair bills accumulated since 3 months since I bought this lemon.
Two months ago, I tapped out the churches for another car repair of $391 for repairs. Within the first 3 months of owning this van, I tapped out all the churches in my area for $900 needed for catalytic converter repairs. And there have been several more repairs I have paid for myself, by shuffling rent and other bills. My link card amount was reduced to $5/month.
This vehicle has been a nightmare, yet I am in a bind, because I can't save any money to purchase another used vehicle, because I'm spending all my money and the churches' monies on repairs. I don't have good credit, so no car dealership or bank will give me a loan to help me.
My van was towed yesterday, 11/17//2014 when it wouldn't start while I was at the shopping center. I've been using a local mechanic, here in Chicago, IL. He knows the history of the car since I've owned it. He is very trustworthy and was highly recommended to me. He has also fixed my car, letting me take it before I got all the payments from the churches.
I live in Chicago, Il, which is in Cook County. My van needs a new starter. So with parts and labor, the total is $326.13.
Please, I need your help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try our resource list for car repairs? It is here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... pairs.html
We are shocked you were able to get over $1200 already from churches. You should be so grateful to them. You should have never bought a 9 year old Kia as well...or 9 year old car period. Of course they will need repairs, in particular a Kia which is not highly rated. Anyway, try our list for assistance. Also cut back on expenses, move in with family/friends, etc. and save money for car needs.

Doler wrote:Hello,
I'm a 58 year old single female, living on SSDI of $1114/month.
I am in dire need of $326.13 + $90 for car repairs. I bought a used 2003 Kia Sedona mini-van Sept 2012, from private owner.
I have had several car repair bills accumulated since 3 months since I bought this lemon.
Two months ago, I tapped out the churches for another car repair of $391 for repairs. Within the first 3 months of owning this van, I tapped out all the churches in my area for $900 needed for catalytic converter repairs. And there have been several more repairs I have paid for myself, by shuffling rent and other bills. My link card amount was reduced to $5/month.
This vehicle has been a nightmare, yet I am in a bind, because I can't save any money to purchase another used vehicle, because I'm spending all my money and the churches' monies on repairs.
SandraHawkins

Post by SandraHawkins »

My name is Kanika, I'm a North Carolina resident and need my car repair I guess for free as I have no money. I suffer from congestive heart failure and other health issues. Despite my illness I care for my elderly mother who suffers from advance stage dementia. She is currently hospitalized and has been for the past 2 months.
On October 25, 2023, she had peg put on place for tube feeding. When leaving the hospital my car broke down. My vacuum pump went out on the car. Since I'm on disability a friend offered to put on the part for me to help me save money, long as I got the part. Long story short on November 8 2023 I had to put my car in the shop because it still wouldn't start even after the vacuum pump.
Turns out when the vacuum pump went out pieces of broke off and traveled into the engine, and now I need a new engine and that repaired or replaced for free. I have no idea how I'm going to come up with all the money, I do have 1685 towards it money I save plus money from some family members.
Originally the shop thought it may have been the timing chain but later realized it wasn't. The money I have was to pay for that repair. The shop did find a used engine with a warranty the cost for it plus labor would be an additional 2500. I called different organization in my area for help, and no one offers help for car repair other the DHS, but you must receive cash assistance under the TANF program to qualify. My car is medically necessary not only for myself but my mother as well.
I have prayed and cried out for a free car repair and an feeling defeated ask God to please give me strength to bare all that's going on. Also to please send me a miracle. I never thought I would be in position where I would have to be on my phone calling around for help, pleading with them in tears. I have only seen my mother one time since my car broke down. When I was at the hospital daily since she was admitted on September 6 2023. I live in the country where there's no public transportation, no cabs, or Uber service.
Only one family member offered to take me which is how was able to see her the one time, and it breaks my heart with my mom in the hospital alone surrounded by nothing that's familiar to her. She is no longer verbal, can't eat or drink any longer, sometimes she alert, but most of the time she isn't unless she hears a familiar voice. The hospital has done all they could so mom will be discharged home , until she is called to heavenly home. Meanwhile through all this I still need to be able to make my doctor appointments once the car is repaired for free, and be able to get my vital medications. The stress from it all has my BP to be out of control even with taking my medications. That's why I spend a lot of time praying for a miracle. Everything I'm saying can be proven my mother's name. I pray you can help me, if not I thank you greatly for your time. God Bless