Diapers and need assistance

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Post Reply
jeninazworth
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:56 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Diapers and need assistance

Post by jeninazworth » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:57 pm

I am looking for help with donations for diapers and such. if you can assist me. Thank you so much

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Diapers and need assistance

Post by Admin » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:53 pm

jeninazworth wrote:I am looking for help with donations for diapers and such. if you can assist me. Thank you so much

For diapers, try the diaper bank. They provide free diapers and other assistance.
Website

The Diaper Bank (TDB) centralizes the fundraising and distribution of free diapers to poor families through existing service providers, including local food pantries, soup kitchens, daycare centers, social service agencies and shelters. Through its extensive Diaper Distribution Network (DDN) of more than 50 agencies, TDB provides over 200,000 free diapers monthly to poor and low-income families in New Haven, Bridgeport, and Hartford.

The Diaper Bank’s mission is threefold in scope:1) to ensure that families living in poverty have an adequate supply of diapers for their infants and toddlers;

2) to raise community awareness that “basic human needs” include diapers and that these needs are not being met for children living in poverty;

3) to advocate for policy reform so that diapers are included in the definition of and provision for the “basic human needs” of families

My kids and I
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:47 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Diapers and need assistance

Post by My kids and I » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Diapers, wipes and food. Food banks in my area can only give so much and I can’t sustain my family on what they gave me. Also welfare said my fiancé makes too much money to receive food stamps. Which I don't understand, he works his but off, and after bills are paid he has just enough money for gas to get to and from work. Diapers are so expensive there is no way we can afford them. We survive on foodbanks and local charities. Please help us, family of 5, children’s ages are 2 year old boy and two girls ages 7 and 9.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Diapers and need assistance

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:37 am

There are diaper banks to try. As you said, they are very expensive so maybe getting free items from there will free up your income for the food, wipes, etc. But yes, continue to use a food bank too. There is nothing wrong with that. Just keep working hard, saving money, get promotions, etc. and eventually your need for diapers and food banks will diminish. But here are the resources to contact, and read free diaper programs.
My kids and I wrote:Diapers, wipes and food. Food banks in my area can only give so much and I can’t sustain my family on what they gave me. Also welfare said my fiancé makes too much money to receive food stamps. Which I don't understand, he works his but off, and after bills are paid he has just enough money for gas to get to and from work. Diapers are so expensive there is no way we can afford them. We survive on foodbanks and local charities. Please help us, family of 5, children’s ages are 2 year old boy and two girls ages 7 and 9.

JoshRitter
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Diapers and need assistance

Post by JoshRitter » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello, I am a single mom looking for assistance with diapers, school supplies and school uniforms... If possible. My income isn't much doesn't leave much to purchase these items without juggling my bills, medications, or diapers for my two new grandchildren. Please help however you can and it will be greatly appreciated!

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Diapers and need assistance

Post by Admin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Since you have a new baby, then the supplies for that kid should take priority. Use this to find diapers for free, as there are charities, so called diaper banks, thrift stores, churches, and much more. We are sure one of those places can help you.
JoshRitter wrote:Hello, I am a single mom looking for assistance with diapers, school supplies and school uniforms... If possible. My income isn't much doesn't leave much to purchase these items without juggling my bills, medications, or diapers for my two new grandchildren.

CMartin
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:47 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Diapers and need assistance

Post by CMartin » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:36 pm

Hi, my name is Anisha Miller. I have 4 kids. We live in a 3 bedroom apartment and need diapers. I work a part time job I get paid every two weeks. This month has been a little hard for us. Our lights got cut off and I had to use my first paycheck to cut it back on. My son needs diapers and wipes and now I have no money to pay our rent. I have filled out for section 8 and they said I was on the waiting list. I was trying to see if there will be a little bit assistance you can help with paying my rent this month and more diapers so I’ll be able to pay it for next month.
Sent from my iPhone

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Diapers and need assistance

Post by Admin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm

You had 3 kids, could not afford them, then had a 4th? Bad decision. Probably a life of poverty for your kids. You are going to put your kids through that. But try a free diaper program in Phiadelphia. At least maybe you can get your kids that little amount of help.
CMartin wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:36 pm
Hi, my name is Anisha Miller. I have 4 kids. We live in a 3 bedroom apartment and need diapers.

Post Reply