Veteran & Single Mom Needs Legal Help

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
BusinessMom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Veteran & Single Mom Needs Legal Help

Post by BusinessMom »

I entered a contract with a large company, with all of the general specifications, including pay, dates, etc. Recently, that contract was breached by the company. I became a single mom of two young children when my husband left, and this was finally my "break," or so I thought. I have been struggling as it is, but this new job was allowing me to finally get financially stable.

Suddenly, they stopped paying, with no explanation or reason, and have an overdue balance of nearly $8,000 now. In the terms of the agreement we both signed, this is an automatic breach of contract. This caused me to immediately get behind on everything again. I have had to borrow over $2,000 from family and friends in the past 6 weeks, which my salary would have more than paid. I have worked really hard at going above and beyond for this company, and I truly don't feel it was something I did. I believe they saw an opportunity to take advantage of someone in need, and did just that.

The contract has an arbitration clause. I checked into these services, and there is absolutely no way I can afford any of this, or even the advice of a lawyer as to what I should do. I would like to go after damages as well. However, at this point, I'm completely crushed again, after finally getting on my feet, and would be happy with the $8,000 owed to me. I am doing everything I can to provide for my children and myself, and never ask for anything. This is one time though I simply can't let it go.

If anyone knows of any resources for Veterans, women, single moms, etc., which could help with legal cost, I would be forever grateful. Advice is more than welcomed as well. I have never been in a situation like this, and am not sure what to do at all. Thanks so much in advance!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Veteran & Single Mom Needs Legal Help

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure of your state, which is needed in order to give you an effective reply, did you look into free legal aid? Income qualified individuals can receive pro-bono legal advice and lawyers help with any number of non-criminal issues. Review this for more information, and midway down the page are links to individual state legal programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
BusinessMom wrote:I entered a contract with a large company, with all of the general specifications, including pay, dates, etc. Recently, that contract was breached by the company. I became a single mom of two young children when my husband left, and this was finally my "break," or so I thought. I have been struggling as it is, but this new job was allowing me to finally get financially stable.

Suddenly, they stopped paying, with no explanation or reason, and have an overdue balance of nearly $8,000 now. In the terms of the agreement we both signed, this is an automatic breach of contract. This caused me to immediately get behind on everything again. I have had to borrow over $2,000 from family and friends in the past 6 weeks, which my salary would have more than paid. I have worked really hard at going above and beyond for this company, and I truly don't feel it was something I did. I believe they saw an opportunity to take advantage of someone in need, and did just that.

The contract has an arbitration clause. I checked into these services, and there is absolutely no way I can afford any of this, or even the advice of a lawyer as to what I should do. I would like to go after damages as well. However, at this point, I'm completely crushed again, after finally getting on my feet, and would be happy with the $8,000 owed to me. I am doing everything I can to provide for my children and myself, and never ask for anything. This is one time though I simply can't let it go.

If anyone knows of any resources for Veterans, women, single moms, etc., which could help with legal cost, I would be forever grateful. Advice is more than welcomed as well. I have never been in a situation like this, and am not sure what to do at all. Thanks so much in advance!
BusinessMom

Post by BusinessMom »

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. I've been on that site recently, and called the numbers provided. I am in Tennessee. The company is as well, but are also international. I think my best bet would to be continue looking into pro-bono lawyers. It is just extremely frustrating, and has led to so many other problems. Again, thank you for the reply!
Lorde

Post by Lorde »

Hello,
I need to speak with Legal Aid about filing bankruptcy. I called your office, but I'm sure the Holidays put everyone behind. I need to file as soon as possible. I had to quit working due to MS, and couldn't collect unemployment, because I told the truth why I had to retire. There's more information, but I'd rather discuss it in person. I need an appointment as soon as possible. Thank You.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Not sure who you called, this site is not contactable via phone and only provides resource information. You need to search the site for places in your area and call them yourself.