An Odd request, but in a desperate situation

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
kenneltech
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

An Odd request, but in a desperate situation

Post by kenneltech »

I am living in a place that is so infested with carpet beetles, it is literally uninhabitable! I have section 8, but my caseworker could care less. I called her and told her of the situation, and she said "we don't do that kind of thing, call the Tenant/Landlord Helpline" which I did, and they "will call me back." I've called everyone I can think of. NOW, I injured my just operated on knee replacement, and NOW the section 8 people are scrambling. But, I am moving at the end of the month, so I don't even know what they can do. I have gone broke buying bug spray to keep these things in check until I move. I am disabled and now I'm crippled, and this bug spray is $45/gal.

I do NOT HAVE FOOD, I have no money for gas, I NEED BUG SPRAY! I've been putting down 20 Mule Team Borax to kill the bugs temporarily, but they come back. It is dangerous to inhale the fumes of boric acid, and I am using oxygen now to even live here.

I also am going to lose all my furniture because if I take it with me, it will infest my new place. It's just a couch and loveseat.

This is a one time thing, I just need immediate help now. I need maybe a gas card for $20 worth of gas. I need maybe a King Soopers or Walmart gift card for food, just for this month.

I need 4 gal. of Ace Hardware brand indoor/outdoor bug spray. It works temporarily and just enough to keep these things at bay until I move.

Lastly, I need a new couch and loveseat. I know THIS request is a lot to ask, but I just thought I'd throw it in.

Believe me, I have been contacting lawyers and finding out information, but this takes time and I am in a desperate situation. Since I have been having to move furniture every night to spray or vacuum, I totally screwed up the hardware they put in my knee and now I need more surgery. NOW, the section 8 people are scrambling. But no one is helping me get out of here now! So, I have to stay, so I really, really NEED this help.

Like I said, this is a temporary thing, I just need help immediately and for this month only, except the furniture.

Thank you and God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: An Odd request, but in a desperate situation

Post by Admin »

Try your local Salvation Army, community action agency, or places like Catholic Charities. If you are on section 8 vouchers, then find information on the agencies and details here, at section 8 housing, and if you scroll midway down the page select your state for phone numbers of agencies and places to call. Try that too.
kenneltech wrote:I am living in a place that is so infested with carpet beetles, it is literally uninhabitable! I have section 8, but my caseworker could care less. I called her and told her of the situation, and she said "we don't do that kind of thing, call the Tenant/Landlord Helpline" which I did, and they "will call me back." I've called everyone I can think of. NOW, I injured my just operated on knee replacement, and NOW the section 8 people are scrambling. But, I am moving at the end of the month, so I don't even know what they can do. I have gone broke buying bug spray to keep these things in check until I move. I am disabled and now I'm crippled, and this bug spray is $45/gal.

I do NOT HAVE FOOD, I have no money for gas, I NEED BUG SPRAY! I've been putting down 20 Mule Team Borax to kill the bugs temporarily, but they come back. It is dangerous to inhale the fumes of boric acid, and I am using oxygen now to even live here.

I also am going to lose all my furniture because if I take it with me, it will infest my new place. It's just a couch and loveseat.

This is a one time thing, I just need immediate help now. I need maybe a gas card for $20 worth of gas. I need maybe a King Soopers or Walmart gift card for food, just for this month.

I need 4 gal. of Ace Hardware brand indoor/outdoor bug spray. It works temporarily and just enough to keep these things at bay until I move.

Lastly, I need a new couch and loveseat. I know THIS request is a lot to ask, but I just thought I'd throw it in.

Believe me, I have been contacting lawyers and finding out information, but this takes time and I am in a desperate situation. Since I have been having to move furniture every night to spray or vacuum, I totally screwed up the hardware they put in my knee and now I need more surgery. NOW, the section 8 people are scrambling. But no one is helping me get out of here now! So, I have to stay, so I really, really NEED this help.

Like I said, this is a temporary thing, I just need help immediately and for this month only, except the furniture.

Thank you and God Bless.
kenneltech

Post by kenneltech »

I am getting the situation taken care of, actually I have retained an attorney as I had a total knee replacement surgery, and with having to move furniture constantly to spray, I damaged the repair. Now it has to have more surgery.

I also called and found out that my caseworker was supposed to have taken are of this and my landlords were. They tried to say it was my fault, that i brought them with me, but I found out that it doesn't matter how they got here, the landlords were supposed to take care of it.

I also got some food, found a nice food bank that actually has food that is not out of date!

The immediate problems are still there: no charities give you money. I need gas, and there aren't any around here that give you gas for your car. I need furniture, and I am NOT going to get used furniture, that would be another major mistake as I don't want bedbugs, too!

I don't even have enough money for my prescription which is $2.00! It's the immediately things that I am worried about, after I move out, I'm taking care of the o ther stuff becease they are not going to get away with this.

Anyway, thank you.
Zuck1

Post by Zuck1 »

To Whom It May Concern:

I am hoping you can help point me in the direction to help a friend of mine who is in need of assistance. He recently discovered that his home is infested with bedbugs and he does not have any money to have an exterminator come and treat his house. He has a very limited income and does not work due to the fact that he has prostate cancer. Is there an agency that could possibly help him out financially or offer services to him so that he can get his home treated for bedbugs?

Sincerely,
Macie

Post by Macie »

My husband is disabled as I am only able to work part-time at the decent job I finally found. We have two small children. I am seeking assistance to bring water, sewer and electricity to the property we purchased a couple of years ago. We have been trying since wen purchased it and have been unable to save the money needed or qualify for credit to finance these needs. My brother has been trying to help but everything he and I managed to buy for the power poll was stolen recently. Any help with aerobic sewer, city water installation and power connections would be certainly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we doubt anyone will bring water, sewer, etc. to your home, there may be ways to get your electric turned on. Even if you have been unable to save and our broke, the programs may still assist. But almost every electric company will also do a credit check on your before offering service. Or you can look into a pre-paid account. But really your best bet may be just to move to a home that already has connections. In the meantime, try this for more tips on electric services. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... money.html
Macie wrote:My husband is disabled as I am only able to work part-time at the decent job I finally found. We have two small children. I am seeking assistance to bring water, sewer and electricity to the property we purchased a couple of years ago. We have been trying since wen purchased it and have been unable to save the money needed or qualify for credit to finance these needs. My brother has been trying to help but everything he and I managed to buy for the power poll was stolen recently. Any help with aerobic sewer, city water installation and power connections would be certainly appreciated.