Disabled, need car repaired

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
MissMystery1000
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disabled, need car repaired

Post by MissMystery1000 »

I seriously need some help with my car repairs. I can't hardly walk across the floor these days in the last year and a half. I fell down. Really hard. I need my car because I can't walk to the bus stop or be able to afford a taxicab. I just made an appointment for physical therapy, but I have no way to get there without my car. Medicab in MT won't help with transportation if you have a vehicle registered with the state. I'm on SSI (674.00/monthly) and I get 30.00 a month in food stamps.
From what a few friends told me about my car is it sounds like I need a crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor as they had the same trouble starting their similar model car. The parts are not that much but the labor would be more than I could afford. Roughly, 250.00 I was thinking. Any help at all would be so wonderful. Thank you so kindly to anyone who can help me and God bless you. shedaisyluv@yahoo.com
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled, need car repaired

Post by Admin »

It is not common to get help with car repairs. Not common, and not too much financial assistance for this. Call your local church, Salvation Army, or Catholic Charities. Try a community action agency too. What state are you in? Also try this link for some general information on car repairs. There are a few charity type organizations referenced.
MissMystery1000 wrote:I seriously need some help with my car repairs. I can't hardly walk across the floor these days in the last year and a half. I fell down. Really hard. I need my car because I can't walk to the bus stop or be able to afford a taxicab. I just made an appointment for physical therapy, but I have no way to get there without my car. Medicab in MT won't help with transportation if you have a vehicle registered with the state. I'm on SSI (674.00/monthly) and I get 30.00 a month in food stamps.
From what a few friends told me about my car is it sounds like I need a crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor as they had the same trouble starting their similar model car. The parts are not that much but the labor would be more than I could afford. Roughly, 250.00 I was thinking. Any help at all would be so wonderful. Thank you so kindly to anyone who can help me and God bless you. shedaisyluv@yahoo.com
Morley

Post by Morley »

I need help on getting van from the shop. In November it went in because the transmission went. Well my boyfriend's dad said he would help and I would pay back at tax time. Its now almost February and gotten no help. My family can't not help me. I'm low income, disabled also a mom of 3 that live 45 minutes from me which I haven't seen them. Any suggestions would be great. I know mid Michigan community action plus DHS does not help with that.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

I’m on social security disability.
I'm having trouble to get my car fixed it's going to cost around 800 dollars to get fixed. My wife does work but between our bills and what our kids need we never have anything leftover sometimes not even enough to pay our bills. My mother-in-law helps out as much as she can.
My daughter's do get the Indiana Hoosier health
Basically I'm asking if some how I could get help to get it fixed. My wife does have her own car but she needs it for work and I need mine for doctors appointments for myself and my three daughter's. So if I could possibly get some that would be great. If you could email me back to see what I could do to figure out what I need to do
Thank you very much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Car repair assistance is very rare. Some mechanics though may offer this, sometimes in partnership with charities such as Love Inc. They are a national organization that offers basic needs, maybe referrals to repairs, and coordinate other services for the disabled. So give them a ring to see if they can help, and more information on Love Inc. here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Old 12 A

Post by Old 12 A »

Hello,
I just turned 68, disabled and I'm in need of help paying for car repairs. I use my car for doctor's appointments for my disability, shopping, and church services. I had my car looked at and it needs $2,103 in repairs. It is a 1996 Mercury Sable, but it only has 95,685 miles on it. This is the only time it needed major repairs. It has been very reliable all these years.
I can't afford a new or another used car. I receive SSI payments, so there is very little money left over at the end of the month for a disabled person like me.
If you can help or know of someone who can help me get me car repaired, I would be very grateful for any assistance.
I have also started a GoFundMe fundraiser. If anyone is interested, the link is below.