Finding out how to receive a car donation

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Jan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Finding out how to receive a car donation

Post by Jan »

Hi, My car transmission is shot, my dad died on sunday am and we drove to St. Louis from KC, we had one issue down and like had to stop multiple times on the way home. What should have been a 4 hour drive home took us 7 hrs. My daughter is sick and has been in and out of ER's, dr. offices, and the hospital the last 4 weeks, I was a full time student at the local college, but had to take incompletes because of all of this. I have an ex-husband who literally dropped the kids on my doorstep so he could go to the Philippines of all places to find a job which he still hasn't. and left us with no money. I have been investigating how to find companies who donate cars to people, but have come up with nothing. I can't get to work even If I wanted to, it is too far to walk, at 11pm at night when I get off work. If I take it into the shop, It will take me over 2 months pay to get it out, leaving us on the curb for winter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Finding out how to receive a car donation

Post by Admin »

Most of the car programs may offer new automobiles for work related reasons. Note the demand is very high though, but that is true of most assistance programs, whether cars, rent, bills, debts, or whatever. Here is a good summary of some of the places to call for cars, including 1800 charity cars and opportunity cars.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cha ... #transport
Also, it seems like you are in the Missouri region. If so, find Missouri assistance programs. If you scroll midway down you will find Kansas City, St. Louis, and other cities and area referenced as well, so try some of the local agencies and charities listed for maybe more options.

Jan wrote:Hi, My car transmission is shot, my dad died on sunday am and we drove to St. Louis from KC, we had one issue down and like had to stop multiple times on the way home. What should have been a 4 hour drive home took us 7 hrs. My daughter is sick and has been in and out of ER's, dr. offices, and the hospital the last 4 weeks, I was a full time student at the local college, but had to take incompletes because of all of this. I have an ex-husband who literally dropped the kids on my doorstep so he could go to the Philippines of all places to find a job which he still hasn't. and left us with no money. I have been investigating how to find companies who donate cars to people, but have come up with nothing. I can't get to work even If I wanted to, it is too far to walk, at 11pm at night when I get off work. If I take it into the shop, It will take me over 2 months pay to get it out, leaving us on the curb for winter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Papen

Re: Finding out how to receive a car donation

Post by Papen »

hello, I went to a site to help get free cars, and everywhere I looked was in the central to the eastern coast, with a few in the west, but nothing in the Las Vegas NV area. I am a single person that is disabled, and on social security, and Medicare. However my car I had broke down and I was unable to fix so I had to junk it, and now I am unable to get a loan to get into another, wondering if there is any place I can get a free car to get around to doctors, stores, and to help others in need.