Dire work needed on my car

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Angeleyes
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Dire work needed on my car

Post by Angeleyes »

I have been unemployed for several years, have zero income, get food stamps and am in the process of getting hired for a job finally. My car has 200,000 miles on it and is in dire need of shocks, struts and brakes, and it just needs tune up and to be fixed. Is there anyone that can help me get my car repaired so I can get to this job? Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Dire work needed on my car

Post by Admin »

If the car is holding you up from a job, and that is it, then look into church or companies listed on our site. Worst case this would also be an example of when a loan could help and you may want to consider that. If you do resort to the loan option, pay it off immediately with your first paychecks, before any other bills or obligations. Also try this resource as this request is fairly common.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... =11&t=1887
Angeleyes wrote:I have been unemployed for several years, have zero income, get food stamps and am in the process of getting hired for a job finally. My car has 200,000 miles on it and is in dire need of shocks, struts and brakes, and it just needs tune up and to be fixed. Is there anyone that can help me get my car repaired so I can get to this job? Sincerely,
Mybadder

Post by Mybadder »

Our only vehicle has had a litany of problems that need repairs, alternator, throttle, now something else is wrong, either the starter or carburetor. All in the past month. Without a reliable vehicle we have had to miss work and/or pay taxi fare to get back and forth. We were tight before, but now we have nothing. Our rent posted, but overdrew our account, it will take 3 paychecks to make up the negative. Now that the car is broken again, I don't know what we are going to do. We are behind on our other bills too.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a long list/litany of problems, as you indicated. Sometimes it is just better to buy a new - used car then fix everything on an old one. But also ask a church or charity, as sometimes they have volunteers that can help repair throttles, alternators, and the like. Also, look for a job closer to where you work, or a bus line, so you do not need to worry about the work needing to be done. But find information on charities to call for car repairs.