Car Repair Bills

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
FixMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Car Repair Bills

Post by FixMac »

I have a used car that needs $1,300 in a used transmission replacement, and I can't afford this right now, or else I need another used car or beater. I have 2 small teaching jobs 25-32 miles away, and both of these could probably be developed into one full-time job if I can get transportation to both. I current pay for rides or take the limited bus service to my first store. I accepted a second store a bit further away, too. My UIA ran out last month. If I can get my car fixed, or another set of cheap wheels, I think I can become fully employed again instead of partially employed. Can you point me in any helpful directions? Forget about a loan, as my credit is terrible and full of collection actions.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Car Repair Bills

Post by Admin »

We do have information on some nation charities that may be able to help fix a car. Find our link to charities. Towards the top of page there is a hyperlink to car programs. It can include low income loans to buy or fix cars, free cars from places like 1800 Charity Cars, or ways to get volunteers who may be able to repair it for you. We also know that many churches are great point of contacts for things like car repairs, so maybe call your local church or parish, or whatever your religious affiliation is.
FixMac wrote:I have a used car that needs $1,300 in a used transmission replacement, and I can't afford this right now, or else I need another used car or beater. I have 2 small teaching jobs 25-32 miles away, and both of these could probably be developed into one full-time job if I can get transportation to both. I current pay for rides or take the limited bus service to my first store. I accepted a second store a bit further away, too. My UIA ran out last month. If I can get my car fixed, or another set of cheap wheels, I think I can become fully employed again instead of partially employed. Can you point me in any helpful directions? Forget about a loan, as my credit is terrible and full of collection actions.
Handler

Post by Handler »

My car was repossessed yesterday as it was broken. I'm single and live alone. I lost my job a month and half ago desperately seeking and applying for new ones. I have a job and start Monday but I need a car to get there. I've never been here before in my life no job, bills, food assistance. I don't have anything to get it back and no one who can help, their money is tight as well. Looking for financial help to get my car and get to work. thank you for anything.
Squaker

Post by Squaker »

I found a mechanic with a car but I have to pay for the repairs that he has done on it. I have no money for it. I am disabled and living on a limited income. I can not afford the repairs. I am a diabetic, in chronic pain all over and a bad heart. Please assist me with paying for these car repairs. I need this van to go to my doctor, visit family, run my own errands, etc.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Sorry I don't know anywhere that helps with car repairs. You can try calling 211 and see if there are any local resources.
Eli34

Post by Eli34 »

My mother has a second car she lets me use to go to doctor’s appointments and to get food from my local food bank....it needs to be fixed to car repair bills paid because it has a few problems and I don't have money or neither does she to have it put in the shop for a some small repairs...I am on disability and she is 64 and works and makes a enough to pay her bills and live with her...so if I could find help I would be so happy... I live in Virginia