Need roof for house

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Faber
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need roof for house

Post by Faber »

Hi, I am a widowed women with a child. I am in need of a new roof on my house. My husband left me with a lot of medical bills. I have to drive 45 minutes to work as I llive a rural area where there isn't much work. Any advice on how I would go about getting a grant for a new roof would be appreciated. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need roof for house

Post by Admin »

Maybe the only option for a new roof is weatherization. Or some community action groups offer low interest, or zero interest, loans for home repairs, such as roofs. Find more information on weatherization, which is really a free government assistance program.
Faber wrote:Hi, I am a widowed women with a child. I am in need of a new roof on my house. My husband left me with a lot of medical bills. I have to drive 45 minutes to work as I llive a rural area where there isn't much work. Any advice on how I would go about getting a grant for a new roof would be appreciated. Thank you
Freese

Post by Freese »

We are in need of a roof on our house. The water runs down the inside wall as the roof is badly leaking. My husband is on disability and I have been unemployed since May 2011, still sending out resumes) We are barely paying our bills. Is there a grant or help out there any where. We are not able to afford loans. We live in Pennsylvania. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into weatherization programs for a new roof. Also some states (we are not sure about Pennsylvania) may offer low interest loans. A listing of places to call for home repair loans and/or weatherization in the state can be found here at Pennsylvania
Freese wrote:We are in need of a roof on our house. The water runs down the inside wall as the roof is badly leaking. My husband is on disability and I have been unemployed since May 2011, still sending out resumes) We are barely paying our bills. Is there a grant or help out there any where. We are not able to afford loans. We live in Pennsylvania. Thank you,
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

I'm recently disabled and have a son with Autism. Together with my parents ages 65 and 70 are victims of contractor fraud on a house we purchased in a different city to live in as a multifamily to be closer to other family, medical care, etc. Work was to be done in 3 months and parents were to sell their current home! The contractor took $70,000 from us and charged over $8,000 on home improvement card for personal use, that he was suppose to buy items they picked out for the house! Thankfully we have our current home but now paying $800+ per month on line of credit and the money is gone and house in new town not livable now … as he tore out kitchen and took cabinets and destroyed the bathroom and the beautiful tile in it! We now have two homes to pay utilities on and need to sell current home, but no place to go! Any money that I had and my parents retirement and money they worked hard for is all gone and they now have a mortgage on their current house! We don't have enough money coming in the pay the bills, or any money to put house back together! The contractor is in jail for several other crimes he committed, so at least he can’t do this to someone else for now! But, we just don't know where to turn and not good at asking for help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

House repairs are rare, especially in Texas. Sounds like you have several issues going on though. Your best place to go to for all these issues may be a local community action agency. They may be able to advice on legal help for the fraud and direct you to any grants or low interest loans for the home repairs. They can even advise you on utility programs, like the Texas CEAP low income energy bill program. But as far as the repairs to your parents home, that is very rare. Maybe ask the agency about weatherization. Find more information on the non-profit Texas community action agencies.
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

My husband is a retired veteran and works part time, I am on SSDI. We own our home and our roof needs major repairs which we cannot afford. We are looking to find out if there are any programs available in Cheektowaga NY that offer free government funding for roof assistance. We would appreciate any advise or assistance in finding the help we need. Thank you.
Amal

Post by Amal »

Hi. I live in Cheektowaga, NY and I'm In need of a roof.... BADLY.... I tried to get help through the town but I make a few thousand too much for them to help. Do you have a program for a guy with a family of 4, who works 60 hours a week to get by, who dedicates all his other free time to volunteer coaching and raising money for our high school who is ripping away all our sports and programs for the kids?? Is there a program that helps hard working people like me?? I barely make enough to get by, but too much to get help, and my 18 year old roof is leaking.... Thanks in advance for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The government may offer some grants or low interest loans to pay for a roof. Or there are other places to turn to for home repairs for free, such as community action agencies, etc.
Some volunteer groups may also help repair a roof...but maybe not give a new one. Maybe try habitat for Humanity or a similar agency.
Amal wrote:Hi. I live in Cheektowaga, NY and I'm In need of a roof.... BADLY.... I tried to get help through the town but I make a few thousand too much for them to help. Do you have a program for a guy with a family of 4, who works 60 hours a week to get by, who dedicates all his other free time to volunteer coaching and raising money for our high school who is ripping away all our sports and programs for the kids?? Is there a program that helps hard working people like me?? I barely make enough to get by, but too much to get help, and my 18 year old roof is leaking.... Thanks in advance for your time.
Trina

Post by Trina »

I am looking for help with paying for a new roof for our house. The apartment I currently live in has a mold infestation and leaking roofs that is not being fixed by the landlord and I have small children with chronic asthma and allergies. The house is also cold most of the time and we only get heat sometime, so we need a new roof for the home.
The majority of my heating comes from my stove and some extra heaters I have purchased. I do have photos to support my claim. Please help guide me in the right direction to see if I can receive help with the roof to fix the living situation. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. Have a great day