Help with school supplies?

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
shadows.sweet
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with school supplies?

Post by shadows.sweet »

I was wondering if anyone had any information on who to contact in northern Michigan about getting some help with kids school supplies. We are new to the area so I'm not really sure who to contact other than DHS (which I have left a message for). Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Labble

Re: Help with school supplies?

Post by Labble »

Hello, My name is Danielle. I am a disabled mother of 3 children who is in need of help with upcoming school supplies and clothing for my 3 boys. I cannot work and do not
drive due to a brain tumor/cyst and the loss of sight in my right eye. My children are in desperate need of these items. My husband is a veteran and his job is within
walking distance. We are a low-income family on food stamps/chip who uses any and all employment income for housing and other needs like paper towels, tolietries,
laundry soap, and quarters for laundry facility. Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thank you sooo much. spring, tx 77380
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Sometimes a community action agency, the nearest Salvation Army, or Catholic Charities have school supplies, clothing, or other forms of assistance for children, especially the disabled and low income. Sprint Texas is in Harris County, and we have programs and agencies in Harris County. Find Houston and Harris County Texas assistance programs and non-profits. The Salvation Army of Houston covers all of Harris County Texas. Call them at (936) 760-2440 to get information and referrals to assistance programs.
Labble wrote:Hello, My name is Danielle. I am a disabled mother of 3 children who is in need of help with upcoming school supplies and clothing for my 3 boys. I cannot work and do not
drive due to a brain tumor/cyst and the loss of sight in my right eye. My children are in desperate need of these items. My husband is a veteran and his job is within
walking distance. We are a low-income family on food stamps/chip who uses any and all employment income for housing and other needs like paper towels, tolietries,
laundry soap, and quarters for laundry facility. Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thank you sooo much. spring, tx 77380
LizaF

Post by LizaF »

My son has been getting his school supplies, including a new backpack, for the last several years from the school he is attending. You can talk with the school counsellor, they will get the supplies for youwhich are usually donated by sponsers. All you have to ask they are usually more than willing to accommedate.
He is in public school too.
Marriot12

Post by Marriot12 »

Hello, I am a single mother of three kids and I am really behind in my bills. We live in Lansing MI. I feel really bad because school is starting and I have no money to get my kids school stuff let alone clothes and they are all in school this year! We just got our gas cut off. I just don't know what to do. I feel so bad please help us or tell us where to go to get help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry to hear. Maybe the good news is that there are many places to turn to for free clothes, school supplies, and those basic needs. There are thrift stores, churches and non-profit clothing closets, to name but a few. They do operate in Michigan too. Anyway, continue reading more on the clothing closets and thrift stores.
RobFord

Post by RobFord »

Hello I'm a single mother of 3 daughters whom lost our home in June and have been homeless bouncing around and here it is close to returning to school in Arlington Texas. I finally found a job working only 20 hours a week but being car less as well since my car was stolen and took to Mexico however I can not afford new shoes or clothes for my previous girls. I feel terrible since they have really been supportive corporatist patient loving angels in this whole situation and want to provide them with at least a 1 bedroom place to call our own after couch to couch we have slept. I would like assistance if possible with brightening their faces with a couple new items for school on which they absolutely love attending. Please help bless my children.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are just inquiring on school supplies (we assume you are finding housing already in Arlington) we do have information for you and your 3 daughters. Try the local clothing closets or even Salvation Army in Tarrant County. They generally can give some school clothes, notebooks, and the like. There are several Arlington clothing centers for school supplies to try, but you want to apply way before the year starts.
Irene

Post by Irene »

Hello,
My husband and I we live in St. Louis, MO with our 3 children. We are currently living of my husband's part time job and are in need of assistance with the upcoming supplies for school. Our children are 9, 7 and 5 and we are happy yet anxious how we can provide for the kids all the necessary supplies with such a small income.
I was wondering if there is any help out there and what we have to do to get there for supplies. THANK you so much for your time.
Cruisers

Post by Cruisers »

I have two children that need school supplies and I need help with school supplies. We need back packs, clothes, underwear, socks and sneakers. We lost our refrigerator and 4 coolers of food that we tried saving. My husband left us about a year and a half ago and we have been struggling. I cannot work I had a nervous breakdown and live off of my disability check which does not cover all our bills.
I utilize the food bank and help from my church as much as they can. We are behind in bills and are living on prayer and God's grace. We have no family in VA except my older children who cannot provide any help for they moved when their father left with the other woman and have children at an early age. I've been asking and looking for assistance programs. Please find it in your heart to help us. It would be an answered prayer.