Free mental health assistance?

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
AstraeaLunaAvani
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Free mental health assistance?

Post by AstraeaLunaAvani »

I didn't see any posts about this and I am shocked. I would be willing to bet that everyone who uses this forum is also struggling with depression, anxiety, etc. If you can get free help paying your bills you should be able to get free mental health assistance. Are there any programs where you can get free or discounted mental health counseling? I am depressed and also have anxiety and social phobias which prevent me from doing most of the jobs that are out there, it's hard enough to get out of bed. I'm only able to work part time for minimum wage and am forced to live with my mother at 38 years old, and have been almost suicidal for the last 7 months. I haven't had health insurance in 3 years and I live check to check. Where's the help for people like me?!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Free mental health assistance?

Post by Admin »

We think some people who are struggling to pay bills, find a job, etc. are dealing with a tremendous amount of stress and/or a bit of depression. We think of course some may be worse then others, but point being things are not easy today. If you do not have insurance, which tens of millions of people don't, then try calling a community clinic in your area. The listing of clinics by states is on previous link. While they all don't have mental health services, we think many do. And if a clinic doesn't help you, they more than often know who you can call in your city or town.
AstraeaLunaAvani wrote:I didn't see any posts about this and I am shocked. I would be willing to bet that everyone who uses this forum is also struggling with depression, anxiety, etc. If you can get free help paying your bills you should be able to get free mental health assistance. Are there any programs where you can get free or discounted mental health counseling? I am depressed and also have anxiety and social phobias which prevent me from doing most of the jobs that are out there, it's hard enough to get out of bed. I'm only able to work part time for minimum wage and am forced to live with my mother at 38 years old, and have been almost suicidal for the last 7 months. I haven't had health insurance in 3 years and I live check to check. Where's the help for people like me?!
newvision

Post by newvision »

Most counties do have a Mental Health Center that offers services for people who are unable to pay. Also, many private practices offer services on a sliding fee scale. Please check out newvisionccs.com for help with depression and stress. NewVision does offer services on a sliding fee scale.
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

I have very strong mental health problems so it is extremely difficult for me to keep a job. I recently lost my job and have no gas money to get to and from my appointments. Not only is that one of the issues but my breaks are going out in the car. I live in Yakima so buses are VERY limited. I am one appointment away from being discharged from my mental health facilitator due to missed and rescheduled appointments. I need some free programs and medical care for my mental issue.
Macromedia

Post by Macromedia »

Hello, my name is Matthew, I’m in a bind and need free mental help asap...I'm not too sure how to start this yet alone write it. I’m 30 years old and I am homeless. I’ve been homeless off and on since I was 16 years old and not by choice either...in those 15 years I have developed mental health issues as well as made already existing mental health issues more problematic.
I’ve been doing better in these past couple of years with all of it, some days are better than others but I am running into a problem that is making all the hard work like it was for nothing. I don’t seem to be able to find a break it feels like, I have a son on the way, any day now, and I’m staying in a hotel for now(past couple of days) before I was in a tent but I don’t know how much longer I will be able to stay in the room. I need more free assistance for my mental health issues.
I have no job right now, but am looking for one, I do have a little income but not a whole lot since most goes to the room. I don’t know where I’m getting at exactly other then I need help...I need info on trailers, rove’s, motorhomes, cars, trucks anything of that matter preferably the cheaper the better(free would be a blessing but not something that is going to cost me my first born child to fix). Any information that could help me get out of this predicament with my mental health is appreciated. Thank you God Bless you
~Matthew
Finch

Post by Finch »

To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Tavon Lewis and I have a mental disability being an adjustment disorder with anxiety which is an occupational disease. I live in Baltimore, Maryland in zone 21218. I am seeking free mental health care.
Adjustment disorders are stress-related conditions. You would experience more stress than normally expected in response to a stressful or unexpected event, and the stress causes significant problems in your relationships, at work, or school.
I seek advice as an adult with disabilities of all services available under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
I have attached a copy of my letter of diagnosis to this email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For a mental health issue in Baltimore, either try a clinic or disability program. There are many in Baltimore and the state of Maryland. We have them listed here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... it_pr.html
Maybe they can give you counseling, medications, and other help.
Finch wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:42 am To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Tavon Lewis and I have a mental disability being an adjustment disorder with anxiety which is an occupational disease. I live in Baltimore, Maryland in zone 21218. I am seeking free mental health care.
Scott G

Post by Scott G »

Hello,
My name is Alena and my insurance is United Healthcare. I need free mental health services. I have found a mental therapist I really like but she unfortunately is out of network. I have to pay over $100 per session. Are there any programs that I can apply for that will reimburse me or cut the costs per session down?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hello Alena
there are pro-bono and volunteer therapists, counselors, clinics and other programs too. Not to mention financial assistance. Whether you need online or in person counseling, there is help and find free mental health services.
Scott G wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:15 am Hello,
My name is Alena and my insurance is United Healthcare. I need free mental health services.