Free automobile repairs as can't afford to pay

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Lawrentandfam
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Free automobile repairs as can't afford to pay

Post by Lawrentandfam »

Good Afternoon,
I live in Huntersville, NC. I have a vehicle that is in desperate need of repair. I do not have the funds to get it repaired unless I can find a place that will accept payments. My car is not safe for me or my kids to ride around in but have no other choice but to use this car to get us to school and work. I fear for our lives every time we get in the car and pray the whole way that we arrive safely. Do you have any resources that could help me out? I can make payments just not the upfront
payment due when you go to a repair shop. I appreciate any assistance you may have to offer.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Free automobile repairs as can't afford to pay

Post by Admin »

Car repairs are not as common. I think a few things or potential solutions. One is call some churches in your area and ask if they are aware of garages or mechanics who do repairs on a volunteer basis. Another is call local community action agency. Ask same questions. In addition, there may be a couple nation programs to look into for car repairs. Click here for programs such as the The Car Ministry Program 703-278-9299 as well as Auto Repair Good Guys Foundation 866-747-1331
Lawrentandfam wrote:Good Afternoon,
I live in Huntersville, NC. I have a vehicle that is in desperate need of repair. I do not have the funds to get it repaired unless I can find a place that will accept payments. My car is not safe for me or my kids to ride around in but have no other choice but to use this car to get us to school and work. I fear for our lives every time we get in the car and pray the whole way that we arrive safely. Do you have any resources that could help me out? I can make payments just not the upfront
payment due when you go to a repair shop. I appreciate any assistance you may have to offer.
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I was wondering were I could get low cost or government assistance with auto repair? Me and my 3 kids are homeless with a vehicle that needs repair. We were in an accident shortly after becoming homeless. We really need assistance I use the vehicle to transport kids to school, buy groceries for our family, doctors appointments, and also to search for employment. I was laid off of my job about two months ago due company downsizing. I would really appreciate any info or assistance for our family. I seen you have several auto repair assistance programs in cities surrounding me. I am not sure if I would have to live in that specific city or county for the assistance with the auto repair. Please help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No really. Not government programs for car repairs. Otherwise everyone would use them! What you can do is call local charities for funds for car repairs, some may offer transportation to jobs or doctor appointments, and other transportation type assistance. Try your church, the Salvation Army, and other non-profit and charity type organizations for this transportation services. Find a listing of non-profits and charities here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cha ... bills.html
Trevor wrote:I was wondering were I could get low cost or government assistance with auto repair? Me and my 3 kids are homeless with a vehicle that needs repair. We were in an accident shortly after becoming homeless. We really need assistance I use the vehicle to transport kids to school, buy groceries for our family, doctors appointments, and also to search for employment. I was laid off of my job about two months ago due company downsizing. I would really appreciate any info or assistance for our family. I seen you have several auto repair assistance programs in cities surrounding me. I am not sure if I would have to live in that specific city or county for the assistance with the auto repair. Please help us.
Oxford12

Post by Oxford12 »

Hello:

I'd like to know if you assist with auto repairs. I need to get my registration, however my car did not pass the smog test. Please let me know if you are able to assist. I am located in the Inland Empire, CA
Terese

Post by Terese »

I live in Wayne county TN with my wife and four children. For the past couple years has been really hard on us. I have lost our house, two cars and am being sued by 2 different collection agencies right now. We have an outrageously high amount of medical bills, our light and water bill has been barely paid before disconnection for a long period of time and it goes on.
My youngest son arrived on 9/7/15 and my middle just turned 2 on 6/3/15 and they both have had extensive stays in Vanderbilt medical hospital.
My newborn was 6 weeks premature and my 2 year old had an abscessed lymph node where he had to have surgery and stayed for about a month and at the time the car we had didn't have no heat and had major front end problems so we took everything we had with our taxes and purchased a what we thought was our dream come true. It as a dependable vehicle and no more carrying a pile of blankets to stay warm and air to stay cool and we had something that we could get them to the hospital or ER and actually be able to get back and forth and then to work. We need our automobile.
But after 3000 miles the transmission has went out and it gets hot if it idles no longer than the light to turn green at a stop but I could continue for a while and I'm not trying to make anybody feel sorry for me.
I'm on my knees and am going ask if please if there is anyway in the world that I could get some help to possibly fix it or maybe a grant to put towards a trade or anything. I'm begging. I need these repairs, but can't pay, so need them for free.
I don't want pity from nobody for me but I'm broken due to the fact I'm a man of faith and a devotion to my family that cannot be rivaled and they have suffered because I couldn't find a permanent job. Or I'd get laid off or can't find to find one but please I'm begging for some help to acquire a dependable car where I can find a permanent job. It would then be able to live a life without the worry of poverty. Please again, if you can please contact me. Thank you for your time in reading this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Usually the car repair work / labor component can be done by free. But you will still need to buy any parts. But maybe a mechanic can direct you to a local junkyard. Or maybe a store has a sale coming up.
Now it is hard to find these volunteer mechanics. Check with a church. Or maybe the Salvation Army. Those are a couple places to start. Also, look here for additional free car repair programs.
Omni

Post by Omni »

Hello, I'm very uncomfortable about asking but I'm in really bad need - it's my living quarters. A few months ago I set my awning up and I wasn't familiar with the winds here and that very day the winds came up so bad, 80 mph, it literally tore off my AWNING completely! The repair man said to put it back up and thank God He can because that saves me money, its $500. But the material is like another 900 then labor. I'm in a small coastal town in southern Oregon, Brookings, so I limited to the one guy. The other shop is double expensive!
But that's not the worst, the killer is this morning I woke up and went outside to check on the little free bunny that hops around and made itself up a little home underneath. Well He was gone and I could see why. Poor bunny. The whole bottom somehow broke and there’s leaks everywhere under there so I gather it is the water tank busted and somehow broke through in lots of holes dripping water like crazy! My manager said the whole bottom needs to be replaced plus go in and fix the busted leak. Could be just a pipe but you have to rip it all apart to get to it. A big ordeal and a mess. I don't even know if I can still sleep in here.
Then to top it off I noticed my front left hydraulic jack lifted itself up which is strange. I can't get it back down. That has never happened.
This is a good vehicle! Just 25K and a Ford Truck. So I turned the engine on to put the jack back down and there was this awful high pitched ear killing sound. So I went to go look to where it was coming from and it was from inside where the propane tank is. So I opened it up and there's a smaller tank and I saw burning fumes coming up from it. So I ran inside to turn the engine off and it stopped. The tank said something fluid. Can't figure it out. So my manager said there must be a leak and the hydraulic fluid is out? So that has to be fixed. I'm in a mess of a problem.
I have used up all my savings on relocating and other repairs and the huge gasoline and hauling my car. I used to work and earn $1800 a month until I got badly hurt and couldn't work anymore and my doctor put me on SS. I now live on $1000 a month! I used to live in a normal apartment but can’t afford that way of living anymore. With my savings I got this RV and moved up here. It's only been since April 2016! And now it's April. I don't have a mom who can’t afford to help me plus she’s 77 and needs her SS too!
This is causing me to get in great debt and I am very much in need for any help please. I'm now 8000,00 in debt to visa due to living expenses, clothing, gasoline, groceries, rent, basic needs, move in fees, etc., nothing out of the ordinary. And now this. ASAP please I need help. I will and am now in advance forever Grateful for anything you can help me with. I feel very uncomfortable asking for help but I don't know what else to do. This is my home for my 2 cats and my little dog. I'm on 44, but On disability.
I've helped out many people in need and as often as I can, but now I guess I need help in a big fast way. I'm making a very bad mess here where I'm living. I don't want to get in trouble. It actually looks like someone (I know nobody did) went underneath my RV with a BB gun and shot all sorts of tiny holes all over under there.
Thank you so much and please call me.
Kathy_Matts

Post by Kathy_Matts »

Car repair assistance to aid with my job searches. Most of the companies that are hiring are within the suburbs and most of those areas require you to have your transportation. I am a dis-located worker in the Houston, TX and have yet to find a career job to help with advancing my professional skill set.
Even with doing a functional resume the hiring managers are Leary about hiring people with degrees and experience because of two reasons...1. The hiring manager was promoted from within and most don't have an undergraduate degree accomplished and 2. The hiring managers feel threatened by the credentials. Please let me know if you have any programs that will help pay the repairs to my truck. Thanks for your consideration.
ColdP

Post by ColdP »

Good Morning,
My husband is 100% service connected disabled veteran from the Army during Golf War, and we need help with car trouble. Our vehicle needs free repairs and we don't have the funds. This is our only vehicle and it is unreliable to provide save travels to the VA hospital for my husband's care. We are unable to put the wheelchair on the vehicle because the weight of it may cause the vehicle to break down faster. We need this vehicle.
We were homeless for almost a year however we are in a house now, but funding is so tight I must choose to pay bills or fix the vehicle.
Do you know of any programs that may be able to help us?
We have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia that needs a new rack and pinion $1,400 or so and our back shocks are leaking $600 to $800.
We have no means to pay for this so it needs to be free. Robert my husband is on home health, housebound through the VA and our adult son who is cognitive and physically disabled, which doesn't give me the ability to work I am there caregiver. We service month to month especially after being homeless for 9 months before moving into our home we are in now. If you could help to give us a reliable vehicle we would be so appreciative for your help.
Momar

Post by Momar »

I have a disabled daughter, 24. She has Sickle Cell Anemia Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nucleus and Mold Toxins (untreated). In Poor Health.
I take care of her and am also disabled.
Due to error by auto parts store, the only transportation we have for medical and emergencies has been in need of repairs and does not work. We need free car repairs and have needed them for 2 months now. Help please.
Topeka. KS
Mander56

Post by Mander56 »

To whom it May concern.
I introduce myself by the name of Anthony.
Good afternoon, I use this means of communication to request information on a free program or association that can help me with the repair of my vehicle that broke down last week in the morning on the way from my house to my children's school. I already consulted several opinions with various mechanical workshops about an estimate of the cost of repairing the car and for me, unfortunately, the damage is the engine and the most recommended option they give is the replacement of a used engine and the total cost already with the service It is approximately $4,400, which is impossible for me to cover that amount because months ago I had a reduction in hours at work due to covid-19, which has barely reached me to cover the costs of renting the house and payments for public services where I and my family live, we are a total of 5 people.
2 adults and my 3 minor children.
And because of this breakdown of my vehicle, which is very expensive and impossible for me to cover, is that I have found myself with the urgent need to seek some type of help or information where they can offer me help with this situation with my car,. I need free automobile repairs. Since last week Since my car broke down, it has been too complicated for me to continue with my daily transportation needs.
Which I use my vehicle daily to transport my children to their school, my transport to work and for supermarket purchases have been complicating me daily. I would be very grateful if you could provide me with any type of information or free help to be able to give a solution to this situation of automobile repair that I can't pay that I am going through, below I leave my contact information, preferred language, Spanish, thank you.
engine

Post by engine »

Greetings: my name is Icemin, and 4 weeks ago the engine in my car suddenly and unexpectedly died! I need free automobile repairs as I can't pay for the engine. Subsequently I lost my job as I commute to make a living!
Needless to say the bills are stacking up which leads to a downhill spiral into rental eviction and displacement!
I desperately seek your help and financial support in this crisis! To get back to work my car needs a newer used engine swap. I'm not expecting your agency to pay for all of it! But if I could at least purchase the used engine from Standard Auto and Salvage on Granite Street in Worcester, MA.
I can then reach out to The Salvation Army and my local parish and churches to help support the labor and installation! To be honest, I'm still trying to get back on my feet from the pandemic! And my car breaking down couldn't have come at a worse time as Christmas is around the corner, and the stress of this hardship is a lot to bear!
Please reach out to me by email to tell me how to get free automobile repairs. Note cell as my service will be cancelled at the end of the month do in part to having zero income for 4 weeks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you need the car for a job, and the engine fixed, look for a grant. Some organization's may offer grants to fix an auto if it is for work reasons. Find other details on how to get auto repair grant money.
engine wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:02 am Greetings: my name is Icemin, and 4 weeks ago the engine in my car suddenly and unexpectedly died! I need free automobile repairs as I can't pay for the engine.