Obtaining Furniture for my Home

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Jamied29
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Obtaining Furniture for my Home

Post by Jamied29 »

Hello! I really need assistance with obtaining furniture for my apt. I am moving in this upcoming week and I am in need of a dining room table, tv, couches, and a bed frame for a queen sized bed. If you know of anything that can help me please feel free to contact me at 713-657-0094 and just ask for Jamie. Thank you and have a blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Obtaining Furniture for my Home

Post by Admin »

Is that area code Harris County/Houston Texas? I think it is but not sure. If so, here are Harris County and Houston assistance programs and resources. A listing of agencies and non-profits are on the page. Go through it, call them, ask for furniture and other aid. I think it is usually difficult to get furniture, but maybe they will have some ideas for you in the area.

Jamied29 wrote:Hello! I really need assistance with obtaining furniture for my apt. I am moving in this upcoming week and I am in need of a dining room table, tv, couches, and a bed frame for a queen sized bed. If you know of anything that can help me please feel free to contact me at 713-657-0094 and just ask for Jamie. Thank you and have a blessed day.
Rosser

Post by Rosser »

Hi, Do you have a program that would help me get a small portable house with furniture and some very cheap land to put it on? I do not have my own home. I live in Reno, Nevada. Do you have this housing program there? Or Las Vegas would work too. Thank you
ConwaySC

Post by ConwaySC »

I got a house but I don’t have lights in it right now because I don’t have the money to pay for them to get put on. I don’t have any chairs, furniture or beds to sleep in to put in my house right now. I’m living with someone but where I’m staying at we don’t have lights. There to use we have to use some from next door. I really need help I can’t even cook a meal. I have to go to a family member to be able to eat but most of the time I can’t. It's hard if you can anyboy help me and my grandchild.
Delores

Post by Delores »

I was wondering if you guys have resources for furniture and places where I could get help with getting a bed and couch or TV dressers that sorts of stuff for my place? Even towels dishes bedding etc.? I appreciate your time and help. I live in Denver Colorado.
Armstrong289

Post by Armstrong289 »

I have no job or transportation at the moment. I have a 2002 Yukon XL and it has been down for 2 months as my wheel axle went in my gears stripping them and I am currently going through CPS. My kids are in foster care as we had no furniture for them. I have to take classes and find a job to get them back home with me. I do receive food stamps. My light bill is due this week and I have no money. I stay in low income apartments. I just found out about this page and services through a neighbor. Is there any way you guy can help me? I also need furniture in my apartment as well. What steps do I need to take or what services do I need to call?
Yousef

Post by Yousef »

Good morning and basically, I need help to get furniture for my new home. My girls and I just moved to a new apartment we were in the shelter system, I have gone every were trying to get some help, most of the stuff we have is in a storage but no furniture our winter clothes and stuff. We need small household things and a bunch of furniture. We have still the PA and it has failed to pay on time and we are unable to get our stuff, in the meantime four of kids have no beds. We have no dining table, dresser as well nothing and I cannot afford to get it not on my income! So, can someone help us?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many of the assistance programs for free furniture are for people leaving a shelter like you. Also help for those with kids. So have that in your favor. Try the furniture banks or thrift stores we have listed on the site.
Yousef wrote:Good morning and basically, I need help to get furniture for my new home. My girls and I just moved to a new apartment we were in the shelter system, I have gone every were trying to get some help, most of the stuff we have is in a storage but no furniture our winter clothes and stuff.
Berman

Post by Berman »

Hello....
Impact told me about your services and I was wondering do you help with furniture? for a home I am in need of furniture in an emergency situation, I'm moving due to a few issues and my daughter and I have no support. My family is in Georgia so it's just me. If there is anyway you can help me I would appreciate it!!
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

Hello, I am a military surviving spouse. I have a ten year old son. We are moving into a one bedroom room apartment home. We do not have any furniture for the home i.e.: bed, couch, table and chairs, dressers, appliances, cook/silverware, towels, and bedding. Basic essentials for a home. We are asking for any help that we can qualify for in regards to these essentials for our new apartment. Thank you for your time. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try one of the Will County free furniture banks. Also, if you are a surviving military spouse, maybe there are programs for veterans too. Then since you need so many items, try a low cost thrift store for some of those basic essentials as well.
Pantene wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:56 am Hello, I am a military surviving spouse. I have a ten year old son. We are moving into a one bedroom room apartment home. We do not have any furniture for the home i.e.: bed, couch, table and chairs, dressers, appliances, cook/silverware, towels, and bedding. Basic essentials for a home. We are asking for any help that we can qualify for in regards to these essentials for our new apartment. Thank you for your time. Sincerely,
Solazola

Post by Solazola »

Hello, I was wondering if yawl could help me with obtaining some furniture because I was getting a new place and have no furniture. Need beds, couches, whatever all can help me with. I have two kids - 11-year-old and a five-year-old both boys and I’m the only one working in the household right now. If you could please help me with anything you have it will be very appreciated. Thank you so much we have been living with my mother in law and I’m getting my own place. We need support with obtaining this furniture. Anything will help you can also contact me.
Sent from my iPhone