Housing repair assistance

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
debip127
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing repair assistance

Post by debip127 »

I am a widow who is struggling to keep her head above water. My husband passed away two years ago and started to do some housing repairs but these were never finished. Mainly plumbing, etc. While I have attempted to make these repairs on my own, I am financially unable to finish them and I am getting older and physically unable to do so. I need a new roof, my porch is starting to lean, the house needs painted, the plumbing in the bathroom needs repair, etc. I do work fulltime but it is just not enough, not with the cost of utilities and mortgage and the necessary items needed to exist. Any help woulld be greatly appreciated
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing repair assistance

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about husband. So sounds like most of your needs are on housing, such as mortgage, repairs, maybe weatherization to help you save on those utilities. I think try calling a housing counseling agency. While many do focus on foreclosure assistance, many can also guide homeowners on option or solutions to other housing issues, such as those repairs you need. I bet they can possibly even help with your mortgage, maybe lower the payments, so it frees up cash for you, so you have money to pay for those repairs.
debip127 wrote:I am a widow who is struggling to keep her head above water. My husband passed away two years ago and started to do some housing repairs but these were never finished. Mainly plumbing, etc. While I have attempted to make these repairs on my own, I am financially unable to finish them and I am getting older and physically unable to do so. I need a new roof, my porch is starting to lean, the house needs painted, the plumbing in the bathroom needs repair, etc. I do work fulltime but it is just not enough, not with the cost of utilities and mortgage and the necessary items needed to exist. Any help woulld be greatly appreciated
Weather Kardishian

Post by Weather Kardishian »

This is concerning my parents. In the past year they have had multiple pipe leaks in the home. There is not enough money to do these repairs. They have holes in the walls that need to be repaired. My dad is 78 years old with heart condition and my mom is 79. Both have medical conditions. Total income is $1400.00 a month. They are having difficulty paying the electric bill and water bill. There is just not enough money to live off. Please guide me in the right direction so I can help my parents.
Gibson1

Post by Gibson1 »

Hi! I was wondering if you can give me info on the Riverside EDA Home Repair Grant Program. I live in Coachella, California. The number that is showing said it’s no longer in service. I called 18009456171. I hope you can help me find a program that can help me. I really need it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For some reason people think this home repair grants are common or easy to get. They are very rare, even the Riverside California EDA program. However, just google it if a number is no longer in service. You should not need to ask us that question. Take some initiative on your own. We have tens of thousands of programs, community action agencies and charities listed. Phone numbers and program terms always change, especially as most agencies, including in Riverside, rely on government funding to operate and that money comes and goes. Also, for more home repairs, try the community action agencies that are located in every town and county. Find non-profit California community action agencies.